Whooping cough injection: Hey all i am 23 weeks and... - NCT

NCT
31,497 members12,086 posts

Whooping cough injection

Hey all i am 23 weeks and 2 days and i have my whooping cough injection this afternoon! I have never been a fan of injections and i am really not looking forward to it but maninly because ive been told horror stories about having it done. Is it really as bad as what some people have told me!?

7 Replies
oldestnewest

No not at all I had a sore arm for a few days afterwards but that was about it x

Ah you have made me feel alot better thank you x

I recently had mine and was worried too but it was like having blood taken. I got a cold the following week which I think may have been related xx

Ah having blood taken is not bad so that has made me feel alot better! Thank you x

1 like

I don't think anyone is a fan of injections but it's quick sharp prick last few seconds (literally) much quicker than taking blood. Might have a sore arm after. It's very safe - been in suggested for pregnant women for a few years after an outbreak of whooping cough in small babies prior to vaccination ... so just consider this a small sacrifice for a healthy baby!

3 likes

Honestly it hurt more afterwards but nothing to extreme. It’s manageable

It’s fine and I’m a big wuss when it comes to needles. You just have a sore arm afterwards like you’ve done weights but it’s fine

You may also like...