NCT
25,291 members10,262 posts

46 years old and 9weeks pregnant

Hi im new to this. I'm 46 yrs old and found out I'm pregnant . I have a 24th daughter. My hubby and I have tried for over 15 years for a baby. IVF for 11 years and even egg donation . Then when I thought I was going through the change I find out we are having a baby. Am I too old. ???? Am I going to loss it. Is my age against . I was hoping someone could help me. All I've had of friends is omg. Your well old. Suffering really bad with morning sickness and sore boobs.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

I don't think ur too old my partners ex wife is 33 weeks pregnant and although I am unsure in her exact age she's between 44-46. Baby is all fine, bigger than should b by 3 weeks so will prob b induced, other than that all good although due to her age she's being watched very carefully with scans and appointments all the time. Of course u could lose it like anyone else and if I am honest age is maybe against u, but if u take care of ur self there's not much more u can do. Just relax u have wanted this for years, enjoy it now it's happening! Best wishes Rebecca

Hi hun. I had my last son when I was 42. My eldest was 18. I was so happy but worried too. The pregnancy was problem free but I had to give myself injections every day. I had 2 previous c.sections due to large babies. They said near the end he was going to be big so had to have another c.section, but he was only 6lb 11. I healed quicker and easier even though I was older. All will be okay, try to enjoy the experience hun and look forward to meeting your precious little one. Age is just a number x

I don't think you are too old, just keep yourself healthy and follow doctors advice and I think you will be fine, I would ignore your friends as this is something you guys have wanted for years who are they to say what is right for you..

Thank you ladies. X

You may also like...