Need advice please

Hi there. I am really new to this but I was hoping someone out there has experienced this or can offer any help. I took a home pregnancy test 2 weeks ago and I am pregnant! With everything on internet and apps I thought I was about 5weeks. I went to hospital last week as I was in soo much pain and once they did altrasound I was told it was a sist and that she could hardly see the sac which isn't normal for 5weeks. She said I may not be as far along as I though but I told doc when last period was and he seemed concerned. I am not bleeding and I get a few cramps every now and then. Does this mean since sac is hardly visible and no yolk that I am going to have a miscarriage very soon? I have wanted a baby for years and now I am just scared

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Nicole. It is very difficult for a non professional - or even a professional to tell you if you are going to have a miscarriage. there could be a number of reasons why you are feeling pain. Cramping in early pregnancy can be normal, as it can be "implantation". Your GP/Doctor is the best person to speak with, and you can always consult your early pregnancy unit (EPU). I was scanned by the EPU at 6 weeks and then a few days later, and the difference was clear to them - and they gave me advice on how to manage.

Think positively and definitely speak to your GP or EPU xxxx

• I am going to see my doc every week right now to keep us both updated. Thank you soo much!

• Are they planning to do another scan? If not I would insist on another scan, as that is the only way to know what is going on. Was it a vaginal or abdominal scan? An abdominal scan is much less helpful so early on in the pregnancy.

The fact you aren't bleeding is a good thing, however unfortunately it is a little bit of a waiting game at this point in the pregnancy. I had a scan at 5 weeks during my first pregnancy and they couldn't see much apart from a sac, however two weeks on they did see a heart beat and now my daughter is 18months old!

• They did an abdominal altrasound and couldn't see anything so they did an internal one and that's when they saw the sac. I did blood work 3days ago to check if my hormone numbers went up but since its monday I won't get until later this week. I am happy for you and your daughter! I hope I am just as lucky.

You may also like...