Advice needed please...

I will be 27 weeks pregnant tomorrow.

This morning I cleaned my George Forman grill with Tesco antibacterial wipes (non bleach and alcohol) dried it quickly, let it heat up and cooked bacon on it.

I didn't think anything of it and it was a completely dumb thing to do. After eating I realised my tongue felt a little numb so am now freaking out I've ingested the chemical and could hurt my baby.

I have drank lots of water and milk and the numbness has gone.

I phoned midwife and maternity assessment unit who just advise I go to A&E as it isn't baby related, dispite me asking if it would hurt my baby.

What do you guys think? I know it is completely and utterly stupid to clean it this way, was just a moment of not thinking.

I would love anything you have to say about the topic, baby is moving fine. X

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I think if the grill was on fire - then probably it burned the chemicals off as fire desinficts everything . Also it's such a tiny amount you had on your wipes that I don't think it would hurt much anyone. I have quite few friends who wash dishes with fairy liquid and never rinse it off,- I had few dinners there.

Try not to stress dear!x

• I clean the sides and chopping board with wipes after washing them and I then chop food on them! I have never even thought about it being an issue before!

• You should be fine. You can use those wipes to clean the kitchen sides which can come into contact with food so I can't see that it would cause any harm. The numb tongue could be anything. Try not to worry x

You may also like...