Pain in lower left side

Has anyone else experienced pain in lower left side! I've had it for about 3 days now. I wouldn't say the pain was severe or even very painful but it is uncomfortable and noticeable also it is constant all day and night. I'm 5 weeks pregnant and this is my first pregnancy so worrying about every little thing. The doctor has also said I have a UTI and has gave me antibiotics, wasn't sure if this could be adding to the pain.

Last edited by

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Are you drinking enough water? Make sure you drink lots, go easy on any caffeine (tea/coffee/Coca-Cola as it dries you up!) cranberry juice is great for urinary issues. Full a botlle and carry it around with you so you can keep track of how much you're drinking. I've had some pains in left side and have put it down to constipation! (Tmi!) so plenty of fibre, brown bread/pasta and green veg, apricots/prunes/banana, glass of hot water in the morning! Hope this helps xx

• It could be the implantation what you are feeling.

• I had some weird pains at the start too - that were rather odd. I wasn't bleeding, it wasn't absolute agony so I figured baby was just bedding in! :) It was uncomfortable. You can always call your midwife if you are unsure? Your UTI may have something to do with it too. I would definitely drink lots of water and get lots of rest and any more problems, call the midwife just to check? Hope you are feeling better soon x

• Thank you everyone. I feel more reassured now. Think I just worry about every little thing just want to get to the 12 weeks and might feel a little more sane ha. It's hard having to wait so long!

You may also like...