I'm new here, 4 weeks Pregnant and worrying, what does everyone think about early scans?

I miscarried in February last year and just found out I'm pregnant again and I want to be excited but I'm so scared of what happened last time happening again, I'm trying to think positive but just a little difficult the next 2 months are going to be so difficult. I'm thinking of having an early scan but just unsure at the min

Skip

Featured Content

Join the community

Connect with people like you to talk about challenges, surprises, questions and joys that come with pregnancy, birth, and becoming a parent.

Get started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi I had an early scan because I had some bleeding, it was reassuring but also didn't stop me stressing. I was also cautioned that a miscarriage can still happen even if you have a positive scan. I don't think I really stopped stressing so much until I had my 20 week scan. At 4 weeks there wouldn't be anything to see anyway.

• It would reassure you for now but I don't stop worrying until I can feel the baby move every day. Even then I freak out if I think it's been a while since it moved and end up trying to make it move. I must say though I just had a 12 week scan and was reassured as I was worried about everything.

• Take things easy for the next few weeks book a scan for about 8 weeks pregnant a heatbeat on a scan at this stage of pregnancy is very positive try to relax each an every pregnancy is different so think positive thoughts goodluck

You may also like...