Got blood results back confused and worried

I got the result back to test for polycystic ovaries and I'm confused the receptionist said I have to speak to the doctor over androgen which is a sex disorder which is sometimes classed as intersex and mean insteadof having normal chromasones you have xxy and is also something you born which but I'm worried that I might not be able to have children and I don't know if that mean I have the disorder or not.

2 Replies

• Hiya, I'm not surprised that you're confused. I don't think that receptionists are supposed to discuss test results with you. They should just tell you to speak to your doctor.

Anyway, androgen is not a condition, it's the name of a group of hormones. It's perfectly normal for a woman to have androgens. Here is more information

If the receptionist told you that it was a condition then he or she is wrong and you need to tell your doctor that the receptionist is giving out misleading information. Try not to worry.

• I'd also be concerned that the receptionist is aware of your test results. They shouldn't be. It's confidential.

Good luck when you see your Doctor.

You may also like...