Gestational sac but no baby!!!!

Hi, so I should be 7 weeks pregnant I have a lot of the symptoms haven't experienced any bleeding or mild/bad cramps but when I had a scan there was a sac measuring 21.0mm they want me to come back in 2 weeks for a scan but i don't know if I should prepare to be told it is down to a blighted ovum of if I'm just early than expected and it wasn't picked up on the scan my periods are also rather irregular so could that be a reason things are delayed? Any advice or similar stories

4 Replies

• Hi what was the reason for an early scan? I had a scan at 6 weeks due to bad cramps and there was a yolk sack but very little else. I went back at 8 weeks and the difference was amazing, baby there and you could see the heartbeat. It could just be with it being so early x

• Hi thanks for the reply it's such a worrying time I'm so happy everything turned out good for you x there was no major reason I had an early scan I came down with a case of food poisoning the doctor had a feel of my belly and said it all felt fine and my pregnancy test was still showing very positive but I asked for a scan just to make sure so I wasn't experiencing bleeding or anything x

• Not sure where my reply went, replied this morning...

If it's there, apologies, but I can't see it!

I had a scan at 6 weeks with my first baby (after bleeding) and there was only a sac to be seen. They said it was very early still and didn't seem concerned. I had a private one at 8 weeks and saw a teeny baby and a heart beat, so all was well and my boy is now 14 months.

You said you had irregular periods so maybe your dates aren't quite right and you're not quite 7 weeks yet? For now try not to stress too much and go back in two weeks for another scan. All the best!

• That's great most stories I've seen about this have all turned out positive very few had a bad outcome I'm also really young so. Many things can have a contribution as to why nothing was really see so far they said there is defo a pregnancy which shows some signs of positivity I'm just hoping dates where mixed up thank u c

You may also like...