Things I found helped:
- eating dry food first thing in the morning before I got out of bed (salted crackers were my best fix)
- eating small amounts throughout the day because an empty stomach was my worst enemy
- I gave up trying to eat proper meals and stuck to whatever I felt I could manage at the time, and if that broccoli with grated cheese for breakfast then that is exactly what I ate
- rest, think I spent the majority of the first trimester lying down!
- ice cold fresh juices, or water with lemon juice in (ginger didn't really make any difference for me)
- still now (I'm 32 weeks) if I feel nauseous the first thing I'll do is unclip my bra strap, and if I can go sit in front of the fan for a few minutes (seems to help!)
Everyone told me it would get better in the 2nd trimester, but I was throwing up daily until about 20 weeks. I still get sick now, sometimes still vomit but the frequency is less than it was and it sure gets a lot easier to manage when it's not constant throughout the day. The early part of this pregnancy was really miserable for me because of the nausea and although the baby is very much wanted, there were times earlier on where that was difficult to remember. Don't feel bad for moaning, for some people it is not a nice experience, and if at times you are not enjoying pregnancy don't feel guilty for it - it doesn't reflect on the parent you'll be once baby is here. Best wishes