No periods for last 8 weeks but negative pregnancy test

Hi There,

I am 31 years old female and always had regular cycle of 30 days but this time i did not get periods for almost last 8 weeks (my last period date was Nov 03 2013), me and my hubby planning for baby and not using any precaution. So initially i thought that i am pregnant but Pregancy test is negative. i did not had have any tension or any stress not sure what is causing this issue. Is it possible that pregnancy test kit can give false result.

I am very confused and getting impatient. Need some advice please! Thanks.

6 Replies

• U need to see ur g.p and they can refer u For blood test to check the pregnancy hormone in ur blood all the best :)

• I think you should do a blood test or urine, pregnancy test kit can fail. but maybe stress could be a factor thats withholding back your period.

• It might be worth doing another test. First thing in the morning is the best time to do it. If it still says negative, then talk to your GP. Good luck!

• Awwwwwh! dear ,I think the clear blue digital pregnancy test kit is the best one. it will give you 99.9% accurate reading. Just check it out and see. you have to see your doctor if you haven't done so,for a blood test.

• I got a neg test when I was pregnant, go to the docs and ask for a blood test for them to check your hcg levels. It was a blood test that revealed I was 7 weeks pregnant as my HCG levels were 2000. If they are over 25 then you will be in the early stages on pregnancy.

• Did you have symptoms? I'm 8 weeks late, my period was January 17 and have taken multiple pregnancy tests and all negative. I have an appointment next Thursday but in my mind the only reason I'd miss a period is if I'm pregnant since I'm regular. Idk just thought I'd ask you since I saw you had similar experience.

You may also like...