Hello I wondered if anyone can give me some reassurance! I received my nuchal screening results as 1:153 and was told this was low risk - although the cut off

Point is 1:150! I contacted the screening helpline who told me

The neck measurement was 2.6 and that the hormone levels

In my blood were both equal and they prefer a rise and fall in results! She said as stand alone results they were all ok but still couldn't answer why my results were so high!!

Now I can't get it out of my mind..! I know it's still less than 1% chance but I still would have liked a 1:10000 result!! Anyone else had similar or can offer advice ??

I'm 34 and first pregnancy

5 Replies

• Hi there I have just been for an excellent private text called harmony. Brand new and gives you a definitive or near as damn it answer with no risk to the baby (unlike amniocentesis). It costs about 500-600 quid all in.

The lady there told me she's never seen a positive result unless it's something like 1:5 or 1:20.

I would recommend the test though, takes about 10-14 days to get results.

• Why did u decide to have the test? Was it your score?

• It was lower than yours overall because the nuchal fold was good and nasal bone present. but at 42 my age risk is very high, 1:38, and my bloods looked a bit wonky, risk was 1:30.

• I know lots of doctors who have paid for the harmony test - interestingly it was in the press last week too. I contemplated it, but decided it wouldn't change my plan for this pregnancy though so thought I would use the money for nursery stuff!

• I think I am going to have to look at is as less than 1% chance & look positive on my pregnancy! Otherwise I will go crazy!

I think though if

I was deemed a higher risk I would have opted for Harmony but think the chance is so slight I will just stay positive instead ( I hope) x

You may also like...