Food Glorious Food

After 2 months of serious morning noon and night sickness and of telling my husband not to come upstairs with even a mere whiff of food on him, I am finally starting to eat gain.... Miracles do happen ;-)

I am managing new potatoes with ham and beetroot... Oh and a corn on the cob ! Whoop dipperty do ! I wonder how long it will be until I can properly cook again I think half of it is being scared about the smell of the cooking process.

This feeling is alien to me and my husband ( the amazingly patient and understanding Lewis) as we are real foodies, usually cooking up a storm in the kitchen.

I am 14 weeks and 1 day so I am sure I have plenty of time to start to eat like my life depends on it.

I love Sunday lunches in fact mine are legendary .... Not had one for 2 months now argh !!

All worth it though as long as I am eating enough and I'm taking pregnacare everyday I'm sure this period won't last for long xxxx

How are you ladies coping with it ??? Xxxxx

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It's awful isn't it I started feeling better around the 12week Mark. . But have started to feel a tiny bit sicky again I'm 16 weeks now, but nothing compared to how I was feeling, but I was the opposite I had to keep eating so put on a stone! !!! I am alot better now and not aiding my face anymore so hoping I don't put on too much weight! !! Glad ur feeling better x

• That was supposed to say stuffing my face

• Aw bless you, no one ever tells you about the ins and outs of how you will feel when pregnant ... It's like a secret club ha ha xx

• I wish I was put off food, I am constantly thinking about what I am gonna eat next.

• Megzey I'm jealous !! I know I will get to that stage soon and I will look back and kinder what I was complaining at ;-) xx

• Ah! U so lucky! I wish I was u at this stage! I'm 12 weeks bt feeling bloated and my stomach takes 6 hrs to digest I'm always feeling tired and I thought at 12 weeks I'll feel more comfortable bt it seems like a dream! Congats to u gal and enjoy your food and eat for those who can't!

• Poor you!

I am 28 weeks and never suffered from morning sickness or a loss of appetite! But, like you, I do miss the things I have not been able to eat since becoming pregnant...

That said, don't worry I have still had my fair share of aches and pains: rib flare, pdp, heartburn, oedema. Plus with the indigestion, its taking forever for food to digest so that's no fun! But all for a good cause!!

Enjoy the appetite returning - corn on the cob yum yum!!

• im 24 weeks. and had constant sickness since 6 weeks. im envious! lol.

it seemed to have eased from 18 weeks to 20 weeks then they took me off the steroids and BAAMM..... it returned with a vengeance. Unfortunately i know hyperemesis tends to last through out the whole pregnancy. so wish me luck. i cant wait for the day i can eat a proper meal again ;)

You may also like...