My MSAA Community
4,070 members8,657 posts

Energy source

I feel wiped out today and wondered what you guys do to motivate yourselves?

The photo is of my two cats.One regular,one electric.

41 Replies
oldestnewest

LOL...so Purdy 😻😻

Some days I just figure I have to slog through and wait for the happy to kick in. I also tell my husband to make me laugh (he’s the king of silly, inane humor) and that lightens up my day. 😊

7 likes

I have one of those too! This morning,I tripped going into the library and he turned it into a dance move when he grabbed me!LOL

6 likes

Curious, how do you keep the kitties out of your painting? It’s one of the reasons I don’t paint more, I have to close myself off away from them or I would have painted paw prints throughout the house 🙀

5 likes

They simply aren't enthralled with my painting and are alright with hanging out nearby.lol! When I throw clay,they want to come down and nose around but I can't let them near the chemicals I use to make the glazes so I lock them out.

They call to me from the other side of the door and I feel like an ogre. :)

4 likes

I live solo so I often have to push through those low energy times because stuff needs to get done. There is no other option. It’s actually gotten easier to do that since I improved my overall health the last 18 months: changed my diet, added regular exercise and dropped weight.

7 likes

Yep,that will definitely help. I already exercise daily but I will be changing my diet after the holidays. I have hope that it will improve things.

How has your diet changed?

5 likes

I did what felt right to me not any particular plan. I eat more low carb, higher protein now and don’t eat highly processed foods. Other things like dairy I try to eat in moderation. Since I’m no longer working, I have the time to cook more nutriously. I read labels like a fiend so the few process things I still eat have minimal ingredients and nothing that looks like it belongs in a science lab.

My primary care doc told me to go gluten free at my last appt and I’m struggling with that a bit. There has been a lot of articles about gluten and autoimmune disorders not just celiac. In my last blood test, there was evidence that my immune system is attacking my thyroid so my doc wants me off gluten.

I also take supplements because as an older person, it’s harder to get the nutrients just from food.

5 likes

I see. I have done low carb diets and it makes it easier to control my blood sugar but the changes I make this time will be less protein,dairy & fat so this should be an interesting experiment.

4 likes

One of the reasons for more protein is that I include strength training in my exercise plan and need to make sure I have adequate protein to build and maintain muscle. This is another thing harder to do at an older age.

It’s all about finding the balance of all this that works for me and optimizes my health. I’m definitely my own experiment!

5 likes

I understand completely!

4 likes

That looks a little painful, but effective.

4 likes

Bill (the grey one) does have a lot of energy......but don't try this at home.:D

4 likes

LOL, I love the plug

2 likes

It'll give your eye a glow!

3 likes

lolol that is cool!

2 likes

Love the cats! Comb the cats! They will love it, and it will relax you

and make you feel better! You may not have a lot more energy, but that is ok! Take it easy, rest, or even take a nap...you are not giving in, you are re-charging, like the electric cat!

1 like

They do like to be groomed,both hair and nails because they get a treat when I'm done! :)

Put a smile on your face and do something that would make you feel better.

Music, Walking , writing call someone and thank them for something that they did.

Leslie

1 like

Good advice! Thank you.

Let me know what you decided to do.

Leslie

1 like

I cleaned my studio and am happy it is done! :)

That 's the way to go! I bet you feel better.

Leslie

1 like

Yep!

Great to hear.

Leslie

1 like

Today’s motivation is caffeine and ketones.

1 like

I had a few cups myself!

1 like

kdali,

What's your favorite coffee? My favorite is Peets Ground French Roast

Coffee.

Leslie

The cats are gorgeous. I read daily devotionals and the seem to motivate me and make me feel less sorry for myself when I can’t do something like I used to or I fall. My favorite is “Jesus Calling” Never fails to make me feel better as does Christian music. I try to avoid the National news, too much of it is depressing . Find what makes you smile and keep doing it.

1 like

Thanks, DisneyQueen! I 'll check it out. :)

Toooooo darn cute!!! 😊❤🌷

1 like

They get away with a lot.

1 like

Motivate??? What's that?

I love your puddies! The right one with the "lit up" eyes looks like it's plugged in with the cord behind it!!! Their markings are beautiful!

1 like

Motivate is........uh......I'll get back to you.

hahahaha. veryyyy cute! I love cats too, magnificent animals they are

I hope you are better with the tiredness feeling and it's not something recurring. I normally start drinking a lot of water when I feel that way or eat some chocolate. It helps.

1 like

You're right about the water.As for chocolate? That lasts about 2 seconds at my house. :)

LOL! Mine doesn't reach the house :D I can totally understand

Anyways how is your health? Any improvements from the tiredness?

1 like

Yes, thanks.I managed to get some extra sleep so that helped.

thats great. Happy new year to you

1 like

Happy New Year to you too!

hey there, how have you been lately? Any updates? Just checking up on you

1 like

I am doing fine,thanks! How are you doing?

You may also like...