Gilenya and skin cancer

Just curious as to how many people on Gilenya have developed some kind of skin cancer. I was at the dermatologist this week and PA did biopsies on 2 places. My friend on Gilenya has had basal cell carcinoma 3 times. Skin cancer is listed as a side effect on the package insert. Dermatologist had me coming in every 4 months for skin checks while on Gilenya. I'm glad to be going off Gilenya and hoping that Ocrevus is as free of side effects as they claim.

8 Replies
oldestnewest

It effective my liver and caused my WBC to drop which caused me to be decebtical to infection. I have heard nothing good about this medicine.

3 likes

Royjr So many people feel great on Gilenya. The long term side effects have always scared me. A youtube talk from Dr. Vollmer at the Rocky Mountain MS center rated Gilenya as a 3, on a scale of 1 to 5 for side effects with 1 being the least. He rated Ocrevus and Copaxone as a 1. He also said that Tysabri was a 1 if you are JC-.

2 likes

Iona60 praying your biopsies come back negative , and I hope that Ocrevus is the cure, God bless Jimeka 🦋 🌈 🤗 🎄

5 likes

Me too Iona60

Hope biopsy negative!

4 likes

I hope that it comes back good for you

1 like

I have been Gilenya for over 1 1/2 years and have not had any side effects. It has been the best medicine so far for me. Also my wbc dropped with using gilenya but there isn’t really a medicine out there that doesn’t make your wbc drop.

2 likes

bflynn I read an article on the Mayo website about increasing your lymphocyte count with green tea and protein. This worked for me. Mine went up from 550 to 850 after I started eating more meat and drinking green tea.

4 likes

My biopsies came back negative! Thanks to everyone for caring.

You may also like...