Update and many thanks

Thank you so much all of you for being there with your prayers and well wishes. My hubby is not showing any signs of improvement. I think with his white blood count already low, he is finding it hard to fight this infection. He has had strep throat and blocked sinuses. The extra strong antibiotics are only just keeping the cellulitis at bay. As for Razor, every movement is an effort. He has managed to drink and he has had one dose of metacam, but its supposed to be taken with food as it is hard on the stomach, but he is not interested in food. My son is taking me and Razor to the vets tomorrow so they can give him a shot. Hopefully that will pull him around. Only the other day he was playing like a 5 year old, I guess it was too much for his 12 year old joints. Again thank you, blessings Jimeka πŸ¦‹ 🌈 πŸ€— 🍫 πŸ™

31 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • It's a hard time of year to have loved ones sick. Still praying for your family. Good luck at the vet tomorrow and keep giving us updates!

• Thank you very much for the update. I will continue prayers for all of you, Love and hugs, Lynn

• I’m continuing praying for you and family.

• Oh, jimeka! You are always a bright spot on our forum- so sorry things are still not good at your house. Hoping tomorrow will be better.

• Prayers for you, your husband and Razor.

• Thank you for the update. Blessings and prayers are still being sent.

• πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½πŸ˜€β€οΈπŸ«

• πŸ™πŸ’•πŸŒˆ

• Aww, I'm sorry to hear there are no improvements. I hope tomorrow goes better for you and your family. Lots of love to you! 😘

• jimeka , I can only imagine the worrying that you are going through right now πŸ˜‘πŸ˜”. Just know that our hearts are with you ❀️. I hope that both your husband and Razor make it through this quickly.

• @jimeka, I’m sorry you haven’t seen the improvement you hoped for. You surely have your hands full, so thank you for taking the time to let us know how things are.

You all remain in my prayers.

• greaterexp preparing for hubby to go in hospital for IV antibiotics. Suddenly realised he has never needed things like a wash kit, etc as we have always travelled together, so we share suitcases and wash kits, which naturally all have butterflies on them. So I have had to buy man kits. Lol πŸ˜‚ hope you have your house settled now, blessings Jimeka πŸ¦‹ 🌈 πŸ€— 🍫

• @jimeka, though I’m sorry he has to go to the hospital, I’m glad he’s getting the IV antibiotics to finally beat this thing. We will ramp up the prayers for you allπŸ¦‹

• Sorry 😐 to here no improvement for husband and Razor. My prayers are with you and your family πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

• Kenu much appreciated. Blessings Jimeka πŸ¦‹ 🌈

• Y'all continue to be in my prayers, You are a blessing for many of us.

Allen πŸ›

• Allen5280 rest up, and remember that if you have any spare energy use it to make some more beautiful music, it is a blessing to all that hears it, πŸ€— πŸ™

• Thank you jimeka I have alot of down time at the moment and it's a big part of getting me through times like these. Thoughts and prayers

Allen

• I'm so sorry for your troubles. I hope brighter days are just around the corner. For Razor, have you tried inserting his pill in a chunk of cheese or hiding it in a spoonful of peanut butter? That has worked well for my dogs in the past. Gets the pill and food in their tummies at the same time. Good luck!🐢

• Marcia2901 thank you for the good ideas. Unfortunately he is on liquid Metacam, which has to be taken with a meal, as it causes stomach ulcers and kidney problems if not. Had to take him to the vets yesterday to have a shot of it, but he still would not eat. I have ended up cooking up our chicken and putting the medicine on a piece of it and giving him more. I guess my hubby won't be having roast chicken for Sunday lunch. I can actually say to my hubby'your dinners in the dog' lol, blessings Jimeka 🌈 πŸ¦‹

• jimeka I am so sorry that everyone is sick at your house. My Riley would only take his pills in fancy feast wet cat food. Have you tried mixing the liquid into wet cat or dog food. Praying for you my friend.

• Iona60 thats how he usually has it but at the moment he is off his food, blessings Jimeka πŸ¦‹ 🌈

• jimeka Sure hope he gets better soon. And your husband too!

• jimeka remember that you and your husband and razor are in our prayers. Better days are ahead. God will take care of his children.

Donnie

• Doubled51 thank you, it really tests the faith when you are hit in all directions, blessings Jimeka πŸ¦‹ 🌈

• jimeka just remember when the devil attacks that God is the author and finisher of our faith. All powerful and knowing even when we don't understand. Just stand strong.

I just watched a new movie last night called The Shack. It made me see a lot of things I question at times are for a reason. I cried like a baby through much of it. Its the best I've seen in a long time.

God bless my friend

Donnie

• jimeka, I'm sorry to hear about both your husband and puppy. I am praying for your family. How did the vet visit go?

• Karen-x a very painful shock to the wallet, but Razor is worth every penny. He had a slight temperature, his white blood count is raised and his haemoglobin was raised which indicates he is fighting an infection somewhere. His kidney and liver functions were good so he was prescribed antibiotics but instructed not to give those until his appetite returns, but there is not too much evidence of that. In the meantime I have been getting ready for the hubby to go in hospital. He has never needed a wash bag or hold-all and I suddenly realised that everything had butterflies πŸ¦‹ on it, we always travel together, so Amazon prime has had a delivery shock. Hoping all is still well at your end. Blessings Jimeka πŸ¦‹ 🌈 πŸ€— 🍫

• Good news about Razor. I know how expensive pets can get. One year we had two sick pups that cost about $6k.

Hopefully your husband will improve and you can return to all your butterfly decor.

• Thinking of you and praying foryourhubby and Razor jimeka

• bavery207 thank you, appreciate the prayers πŸ¦‹ 🌈 πŸ€—

You may also like...