My MSAA Community
3,356 members5,964 posts

Prayers please

My husband as just been taken to hospital, my daughter has had to take him as I cannot drive. He has had a sudden outbreak of cellulitis, shaking uncontrollably, pain in his left leg. It's 2.30 am . My dog Razor has suddenly taken ill at the same time, he cannot walk and appears to be in pain. I am at home on the couch with Razor, as I didn't go with my hubby as I would be in the way. So I am sat hoping and praying all is ok. This is when ms makes you feel so useless. Prayers appreciated as always Jimeka 🦋 🌈 🤗

38 Replies
oldestnewest

Lots of prayers for u and ur husband and ur fur baby 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻💜💜💜let us know how every one is doing.

You are not useless. Razor needs you and u r there for ur fur baby

7 likes

jimeka, oh, sweet friend! I’m praying hard and will keep it up. Let us know when you can how he’s doing and how you and Razor are, too.

7 likes

My 🙏 are with you, Youre husband, and Youre fur baby 🙏 Stay strong 💪 for the family 👍 Keep us updated ❤️ Ken

6 likes

Praying 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽 for you, husband and Razor.

6 likes

Sending you many prayers jimeka 🙏

5 likes

I’ll keep him in my prayers. I just finished healing from cellulitis that I originally thought was bursitis. I was healed, though it took awhile so be patient. I would not let them discharge him until his cellulitis is healed.

FYI, the following is a sketch of what I recently went through. I was on travel to visit my daughter when my elbow swelled up quickly and became red and sore. I went to the ER and was given an antibiotic and then went to my daughters. The next day I was back in the ER because my elbow got worse. The antibiotic wasn’t working. I was admitted to the hospital and put on a strong antibiotic, vancomycin, which was administered as a ~2hr IV drip twice per day. I was in the hospital for 6 days. They talked about discharging me several times during that period, but given I was out of town I didn’t want to take a chance having my elbow get worse while driving home. After I was released I was given antibiotic pills to take, and I had to keep my elbow elevated with periodic icepack and wrapping my elbow to help get inflammatory fluid absorbed in my body. I followed this procedure for six weeks before the swelling went away completely.

Best wishes.

8 likes

Thank you for prayers. Hubby now back from hospital, temperature of 38.9*, 1000mg oral antibiotics. If no better tomorrow he has to go back in for IV antibiotics. The paracetamol and ibruprofen have clicked in so the pain is not as bad. As for Razor, we are spending the night on the couch as he is in too much discomfort to go up the stairs. Again thank you all for your prayers. Blessings Jimeka 🦋 🌈 🤗

14 likes

Thinking of you. Hope you managed to get some rest and husband and razor are doing better today.

3 likes

Thank you for the update! I’ll keep praying!

3 likes

Oh Jimeka I am so sorry to hear this. Please don’t feel useless. You couldn’t leave Razor alone and your husband had your daughter to take him to the hospital. Thinking and praying for you all.🙃❤️

7 likes

Hang in there! Prayers for your whole family. It’s rough when we feel we can’t help.

5 likes

Prayers are being sent for you, your hubby and Razor. Please don't feel useless. Things are out of your control, so there isn't much you could do for your hubby right now anyway, but you are with Razor and I'm sure he takes comfort in that. Hope all turns out ok. Please keep us posted and God bless you all.

5 likes

Awe, Jimeka all of this with the hubby, Razor at the same time. Sending you love and prayers for healing and quick recovery. You are not useless by any means, I'm sure you are making all the correct calls to get both the best care and following through with that. I'm sure you are providing the hospitals, doctors and veterinary doctors all the correct info to treat 2 of your most important loved ones.. I'm sure all of your family appreciates you more than you know. Hugs to you Precious One.. Rest often. Hugs, Lynn

6 likes

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

6 likes

I'm so sorry that more troubles have landed your way jimeka! You and your family are in my thoughts

4 likes

My hopes and good thoughts for your husbands speedy recovery are on the way jimeka ! You are not useless!

4 likes

Glad your husband is doing better. I know it was really hard to not be with him. I hope Razor is doing better today. Prayers and Hugs!

4 likes

Prayers going up as we speak. Pray all goes well for husband and Razor.

May God bless and keep you in your time of need.

Donnie

3 likes

How scary! Prayers for health for him and your fur baby and peace for you....

4 likes

I am praying for you, your sweet husband, and Razor, jimeka. May you feel the love of all of us here, hoping and praying for a quick and completed recovery for your hubby, and Razor too. I assume Razor’s pills aren’t helping him. I’m sorry. Sending you a hug. 💝

4 likes

jimeka Just reading this and praying that things have improved for your husband, Razor, and you!

4 likes

Thank you everyone for your prayers and genuine concern. Unfortunately neither hubby or Razor has improved. Hubbys white count is way down and the cellulitis is now tracking up and down his leg. Razor has finally had a drink so I hope that is a good sign. Blessings Jimeka 🦋 🌈 🙏

3 likes

🙏 are with you, Youre hubby, and Razor 🤞stay strong 💪

2 likes

Sending prayers your way! 🙏🙏🙏

3 likes

Oh no, I'm sorry! Thinking of you and your family. You're not useless 😘

3 likes

jimeka, I just saw this and am so very sorry. I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers and hope your husband and Razor will be on the mend soon. Please don't forget to take care of you, too. xo

3 likes

I know most of us have limitations but remember your kind heart and loving ways are always supportive and you shouldn't discount them when you feel useless! I hope everybody is going to be OK!

3 likes

@jimenka I hope they were able to get the cellulitis under control today? Is your husband back in the hospital or is he home? Regarding feeling useless, I know what you mean. It is frustrating not to be able to physically care for others. I agree with @KDenes ‘ comments, above, though! You do more than you realize, probably, with your love 💕

God bless you and your family.

3 likes

Prayers for you and your family. I hope all turns out well

Be blessed

3 likes

Prayers for you and both of your loved ones.

3 likes

Prayers! Praying for a quick recovery

2 likes

Oh, my goodness! Sending prayers of healing and support for your hubby, you and Razor. And never, ever think you are useless. Razor certainly doesn't, and I'm sure it's a great comfort to your husband, knowing that you will be at the house when he returns. Peace and love, Sandy

2 likes

Jimeka: You are in our prayers 🙏🙏. Praying all will be okay. God's Peace

1 like

Oh, jimeka ! You have certainly hit a rough patch! My Mom used to say, "The good Lord doesn't give us more than we can bear." I often have to wonder about that! Sending good thoughts your way and a big Thank You for all you do for us!

1 like

jimeka I just read your post and feel badly that I am behind. I hope both your husband and Razor are doing better now and that you are not berating yourself anymore. You will be needed by both of them. You and your loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers.

1 like

prayers

1 like

jimeka Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts for all of you. As others have said, Razor needs you to be with him. I hope the medical doctor can help your husband and the vet will make Razor feel better. Please do your best to take care of yourself as you certainly don’t want this very stressful time to negatively impact you 🙏🏻🙏🏻

1 like

On their way....Praying for everyone.

1 like

You may also like...