My MSAA Community
3,667 members6,829 posts

This week declared' Falling down week'!

This week declared' Falling down week'!

I am just following suit. @Doubled51 started it, so I have followed gracefully. I must admit that once the fall happened the mouth was not as graceful as the fall. Luckily it was on the grass, shook my whole body up, going to be stiff tomorrow. So what else is new. At least I can still laugh about it, once the tears have stopped. Take care all of you and as Donnie suggested, always use your stick. Maybe it's the cog fog that makes us forget it. Lol, blessings Jimeka 🦋 🌈 🤗 I may just go and eat some 🍫🍫🍫

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Always always use it! I am 43, it was a very hard terrible pill to swallow. However, I can tell you this. It has saved this face from getting uglier on more than one occasion! I still have had a couple falls. But I blame the dog!!'

So glad you are ok! Will be praying!!!

7 likes

Jimeka, so sorry you fell. At least you fell on grass and didnt break anything I hope. 🙃

5 likes

BigMar7 nothing broken, maybe my pride, again, just stiff. First thing my hubby asked me when I told him ' Where was your walker?' Der !!!!! In the house, where else would it be? I don't think things would have been too different if the boot was on the other foot. Thank you blessings Jimeka 🦋 🌈 🤗

2 likes

jimeka

I try not to fall, but for some reason I have. I'm glad you're okay and can still laugh, Laughter is the best medicine afterall (so I've been told).

Jennie

4 likes

jennie62 thank you. I laugh at myself a lot just recently but the ribs hurt alittle this time, cheers, blessings Jimeka 🦋 🌈 🤗

2 likes

Aw, Jimeka.. I'm so sorry you had a fall. thank goodness it was on grass.. feel better real soon. Blessings, Lynn

3 likes

Wow. We might have to declare this National Fall Week. I didn't mean to start something. How many times has my wife ever heard those words. Lol. Jimeka I'm glad you at least fell on the grass. I can tell you you'll be sore tomorrow. Between falling and starting physical therapy my Percocet has been my best friend. Yes as long as we can laugh about it we'll be ok. It def made me remember my cane faithfully since. With a shopping trip to Wal-Mart with my wife today it was a God send. Without it I might still be there lying on the floor in the grocery section. Lol. Glad your ok. God bless you my friend.

Donnie

3 likes

I wish we could be like "weebles." Remember those little toys? "Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down."

3 likes

I think we're more like Timex ( watches ) ... we take a licking but keep on ticking : ) x

4 likes

You are right, jimeka, this IS falling down week. I fell as well on Monday. Few bumps, broke my glasses and have a beautiful black eye. So here's what I took away from fall. Nothing was broken (a good thing), I needed new glasses anyway (just speeding up my eye exam) and I won't have to wear eye makeup for awhile as my "shiner" says it all!! Just keep smiling, just keep smiling....:)

1 like

punterstein everyone is falling. Sorry yours was such a bump, hope you recover quickly. I fell again yesterday, on the gravel driveway, the right foot froze and decided it didn't want to move. Oh well, such is life and as you say, keep smiling, blessings Jimeka 🦋 🌈 🤗

I fell three times this week pulling weeds and vines. Bad part is all three times I fell backwards into piles of briars. Soft but painful landings. I'm scratched from head to toe. Remember to always fall gracefully everyone. Blessings to all.

Donnie

1 like

Oh, my, all these falls! So sorry for the bumps, bruises, and disheartening reminder that we all have MS. Take care, everyone. AFOs, canes, walkers--and trying to go at a slower, more steady pace may help. But not always. Maybe we should go back to that bubble wrap theory...

1 like

Tutu bubblewrap knee pads would be great, if it wasn't so hot, blessings Jimeka 🦋 🌈 🤗

1 like

jimeka the last fall I had was like in slow motion and as I was going down I remember the anger and saying out loud a few cuss words before I hit! Don't know why I respond to everything with such anger when my words would be off taking time for a quick "Lotd, don't let bones be broken!" Lohengrin I would have 10 yrs ago. But, no, just the anger at ZMS and can't control my body! MS does take over my brain's reactions automatically whether I like it or not!! Soooo thankful we have an unlimited supply of grace from our Father!

3 likes

You may also like...