I Dream of....MS?

I meant to ask a while back if anyone here dreamed their disability? Do you run around free of limitations, or has this thing entered your R.E.M. Cycle? I see clearly in my dreams, it's wonderful!

Last night was the first time I dreamed about MS, and I could still see clearly, but I was chatting with some imaginary MS sufferer as I was giving myself a shot. I didn't feel this one though!

Just curious how or if MS has affected your dreams?

22 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I had a dream not long after I was diagnosed and was having trouble walking and talking. In my dream I was running again. Just running and running, skipping and jumping. I remember in my dream thinking wait, this isn't possible, I have MS. I then woke from my dream and entered back into my nightmare. I also had a dream a few weeks ago when I was having such horrid spaticity that I was in pain. I remember the spaticity in my dream had caused brusing from my chest to my groin and I was trying to show my doctor how bruised I was. My pain at times has carried over into one place I thought I was safe from it. I woke in such agony (this was around the time my previous muscle relaxer became ineffective. I do have dreams of my nightmare from time to time also.

• Thank you so much for being honest and sharing! Sounds absolutely horrible πŸ˜–

• Oh Allen5280, my heart goes out to you. Pleased that you are making appearances again, miss your input. I was hoping as I am sure we all are, that the new drug was going to stop all the pain that you experience. Big hug, but not one that hurts you, blessings Jimeka πŸ¦‹ 🌈 πŸ€—

• kdali Right after I was diagnosed, I dreamed that MS was a monster that escaped from my purse.

• Iona60, thank you for the warning, I shall keep my purse shut! Hope you are doing ok, blessings Jimeka πŸ¦‹ 🌈 πŸ‘

• Hi jimeka! Yes, I'm doing better this week. Hope you had fun with the kiddos last weekend.

• Iona60 That makes me kinda jealous! I hope it was more of a muppets monster and not scary like IT.

• kdali Very scary! I still vividly remember the dream, and the music from it.

• I've never remembered dream music! Sounds kinda creepy.

• kdali It's the only dream that I have ever had where I remember the music. Yes, it was and still is creepy.

• Not that I remember.

• I'm forever dreaming I'm back in school only with MS. Totally stressful and I wake up exhausted.

• Allen 5280

I am lucky when I have my dreams I don't have ms and I can walk and run and I don't want to wake up but I don't sleep well and I always wake up before my dream is done. I hope you get to have dreams that are good ones.

• For the last 20 years or so, I haven't remembered any dreams. I probably dream but just don't remember it. Maybe once a year I have a dream I recall. Back when I was still dreaming and had MS, I never dreamed about it, never dreamed about my wheelchair or about having problems walking or seeing or whatever.

• kdali

I wonder what Freud would say about these dreams? πŸ™„

Iona60 so just how big is your purse? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

No MS dreams unless you count the ones where I'm running marathons again or working again...free of MS 🌈

• erash It wasn't very big, but the monster was like a smoke genie that emerged to a drum beat. She even had a name, Lucinda.

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Funny you should ask that, kdali . I dream a lot, and many of them are quite vivid. In most of my dreams, I'm 'normal',running, waking, etc and. There have been a few where I'm in and out of my wheelchair, and then there are the ones where I fly. Lol. Most of my dreams are pleasant ones, too.

• Eleyne92 flying sounds awesome!

• Dreaming again sounds wonderful! I used to have vivid dreams- always, but since I started taking meds for my TN I just sleep...except last night, wish I could remember the dream, seemed really good I know I didn't want to wake and ruin it.

I remember having a dreams of flying when I was a child. Lately I've been seeing the new commercial with the Ostrich learning to fly. Love the commercial images and the possibilities keep me positive!

• I occasionally have dreams where I do not have MS, and run around doing everything I used to be able to do...and when I wake up I'm as exhausted as if I really had been doing alo that stuff! I'm useless on that day πŸ˜–

• Texandyroe Oh no, that's wild! It's a shame you don't dream yourself in a nap 😴

You may also like...