Before middle age, do not fear

After middle age, do not regret

Enjoy life while you can

As long as it is physically possible, visit places you wish to visit

When there is an opportunity, get together with old friends

Whatever you feel like eating, just eat! It is most important to be happy

Treat sickness with optimism, whether you are poor or rich

Do not be afraid or worried when you are sick

Let the doctors handle your body, God handle your life, but be in charge of your moods

Everyday you MUST smile and laugh

Life ends when you stop dreaming

Hope ends when you stop believing

Love ends when you stop caring

And friendship ends when you stop sharing

The nicest place to be, is in someone's thoughts.

God bless you all, Jimeka

Skip

Promoted Content

Get email updates from MSAA

MS news, local educational events, vital programs & services

Subscribe now

Promoted by My MSAA Community

19 Replies

oldestnewest
  • So true, I feel blessed to just getting diagnosed at 68. Life is not over for sure! I am thankful for all the joys and great times in my life. I was a long distance bicycle rider until a few days before I went numb last June. I ridden my bicycle all over California. Ridden down the coast from Santa Cruz to Malibu 8 times. Have met many interesting people in all my adventures. Many blessings in my life and my newest blessing is this group! Lynn

#Calfeechick

• Thank you for sharing this.

• God bless you!

• Blessed be... Soooooooo happy I was a wild child going out every Friday and Saturday night after my divorce. NOW that would be impossible as the MonSter really limits my balance and energy now... BE WILd WHILE YOU CAN then take peace and be thankful you did it!!! NO REGRETS...

• Lol ddeadred you sound like me. I used to go out dancing every other wkend after my divorce. When the ex had the girl's. The good times and the trouble you can get into :) No regrets is right and hang onto those memories!

• No one said we have to grow up or act our age😊We just tend to celebrate life differently now.

• Blessed be... ROCK ON, SISTER!!!

• Words to live by!

• Love your prose Jimena....thank you!

• Beautiful Jimeka, so very true

• Hi all, I'm Bea (don't understand the cryptic names, but, O.K., whatever) and I really liked your positive advice, jimeka! I've had PPMS since 3/84 [that's 1984!] and I can think of so many chronic progressive diseases I'm grateful I don't have ~ fibromyalgia, lupus, arthritis. To me, MS is not nearly as debilitating nor painful, but I can only speak for myself. I'm also able to tolerate almost all of the symptom-management pills out there, but am ticked off that there's little out there for PPMSers, but pleased that RRMSers are being given a plethora of DMTs. I'm wheelchair-bound, glad I have a desk-top 'puter and a phone that I can hear on speaker since my arm cramps if I try to hold it to my ear. Really liked the second-to-last line: The nicest place to be, is in someone's thoughts. Beautiful !

Keep a smile on your face and keep everyone guessing what you know that they don't! - Bea

• Hi beadowns and welcome to our chat. We all handle things differently and have different things going on also. But you are so right it could be worse and l do try to remember that. Unlike you l dont handle medication very well, which limits me on things, like Baclofin will stop my heart, literally. And flexerall has no effect so when l need something like that again l dont know what they will do.

I love my speaker phone also its to painfully to hold it to my ear like you. :) Feel free to jump in anytime, as we talk about pretty much anything and everything here. And always support one another :) Jes

• Hi Bea!

I'm glad you mentioned the cryptic names... they make me scratch my head too!!! I'm finding that MS doesn't rule out having other diseases, as I have a number of health issues - and some nasty ones in my family history that I'm hoping to steer clear of!

Like you say - keep smiling! It makes people wonder what you're up to!

Anne :-)

• Wow, Jimeka. I've never heard it said better. Your post has given me chills. THANK-YOU, for sharing......Fancy1959.

• You are very welcome. Hope you are keeping as well as you can. Cheers Jimeka

• WELL SAID JIMEKA! Thank you!

Anne :-)

• W0W! What a great way to put it and is exactly how I have lived

my life and survived MS for 40 yrs. ! I do as much as I can as long

as I can, as long as I'm able. Your outlook will take you a long way.

I also have diabetes 2 and heart issues and still keep on going!

• Well done. I know having ms is about attitude, but today has been a challenge. After falling face first in the garden, on my weak side, I was unable to pick myself up, as I had no strength on the side I had fallen on. So I laid there until someone found me. I couldn't get to my phone, as I had fallen on it. So now I am back in bed staying out of trouble. I am safer here. Sometimes I feel like a prisoner in my own bedroom. Anyway glad you liked it . Have a good weekend. Cheers Jimeka

• Very nicely said! Thank you!!!

You may also like...