Acne treatments: I’ve battled with acne for nearly... - MY SKIN

MY SKIN
5,783 members1,458 posts

Acne treatments

Glondon1
Glondon1
3 Replies

I’ve battled with acne for nearly 10 years now and have tried duac, zineryt, dalacin t, epiduo, skinoren, acnecide, lymecycline and most recently oxytetracycline. They work for the time and then gets bad.

I am 24 and very self conscious as my cheeks/jawline is covered in acne. I also have some on my chest, back and shoulders.

My gp was very reluctant to refer me to a dermatologist for roaccutane but I think it’s the best bet right now. Are there any other medications I can try?

I have also tried diet and the pill and it hasn’t helped x

3 Replies
oldestnewest
lillyofthevalley37

The best thing for acne is evening primrose oil

Evening primrose oil dilutes the sebum which.is causing the acne

Start off by taking 3x 1000mg capsules then take 2 x 1000mg every day you should see a difference in a couple of weeks

Please note pregnant women must never take evening primrose oil as it could induce a miscarriage epo is used to induce post term babies

1 like
Glondon1

Thanks for this, I might as well give it a try x

1 like
Widawake

Hi, like you had acne many years. Recently I have been reading a lot about fungus and acne. Try using anti dandruff products on your skin. Stop all the oils and creams as they feed it. Do some research online about Malesezzia. An excellent free advice site I found is simpleskincarescience.com Google it some great reading and advice on there.

You may also like...