More To Life
775 members264 posts

3 years trying to conceive in same sex couple

Hi I'm a 37 year old female and in a same sex marriage. I've had 5 failed iuis and 1 failed Ivf (after only 2 eggs collected that didn't fertilise and one was a cyst). We get no funding as a same sex couple. My wife is about to start the journey now as my follicle count has dropped. I'm finding it very emotional and difficult to accept I won't be carrying a baby. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your journey. You have however written this on the wrong forum. There is another one best suited to your situation.

All the best x

Hi

I'm new on here and didn't realise there was one for my specific situation. I'm still left unable to carry a child as a woman which is affecting me a lot.

I thought this one was for women who can't have children hence why I put it on here xo

Hi tiptoes,

As a forum for people who have moved on from the stages of TTC and are living life as non parents we can totally understand the pain of never becoming parents. But as your partner is TTC the conversations in other forums will probably be more helpful as you are still in the stage of hoping to be parents which is a conversation that isn't for this forum.

All the best x

OK thanks merry Christmas xo

Hi TipToes, you are in a more unique situation, although your wife is starting the fertility journey, you obviously feeling a loss yourself. If you want to talk about your loss and need support then that should be alowed. However it would be best not to mention your wife's position as difficult as it may be.

Maybe you should alow time for you to griev before your wife ttc. Tc

Hi thank you for replying . Yes that's understandable. Difficult situation,we always seem to be in a grey area ! But many thanks for your reply . Kind regards xo

You may also like...