Night time headaches

I have recently started being woken by what i can only describe as a surging headache in the early hours. Since Christmas i have had one every 3 to 4 days. Takes ages to get back to sleep and the next day is a washout as the headache lingers. I have recently come off statins, i wasnt taking them for long. I already take amitryptiline at nught but these are not helping. I told the doctor but she put it down to anxiety, which seems odd as they are so regular. Has anyone else experienced this?

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have had something very similar on going back to work after the Christmas break

• Yes exactly the same and around the same time 2.30 ish ..sometimes they lasted till mid midday sometimes all day...was getting them about 4/5 days a week then I'd have a couple of pain free days, only for the cycle to start again. I had a daith piercing out of sheer desperation and the migraines are certainly less frequent and don't las as long. Could be worth thinking about getting one

• Thank you. I had never heard of this !

• Google it and see what you think ..good luck

• Have you ever tried using a mouth gard the dentist made me one as I unconsciously was biting down in my sleep I suffer migraines to but find the mouth gard helps for being woken and early morning headaches the can last all day to

You may also like...