Mental Health Support

I'm scared

5 years ago I had severe depression, which drove me near to the point of suicide. Yesterday I had the same experience as that day 5 years ago. I'm scared that I'm going to do something silly and need help. I've been depressed for about a year now and am now seeking support. I've been told I should visit the hospital, but I don't know how to approach this. Please, can anyone tell me if NHS hospitals offer depression support?

3 Replies

Yes. If you're feeling that bad, walk into your local causality department and tell them you feel suicidal. I think it's very corageous of you to be so sensible. You can always ring the Samaritans, too. X



Please do as Suzie says and go to your local A&E as soon as possible and tell them how you feel. What will happen from there will depend on your local area but you need help sooner rather than as soon as you feel ready after reading this.

Please try not to get too afraid, they will have dealt with this before and will most likely deal with it again. Don't feel's a serious business.

Good luck :)




HI Tobume, I hope by now that you have gone to the hospital. There is no need to be scared, and the fact that you wrote this means that you have good insight into your illness. Reaching out for help can be hard, but from my experience it is well worth it.

Take care and let us know how you are.

Hannah x


You may also like...