Hi All. I have been having old ulcer, and gallstone pain for the past 8 weeks. Quite bad pain, and am on a very bland diet, I went to my GP twice, just before the Xmas break. He put me on new stronger meds. He tells me to wait for a week or two, and if they don't work, he will refer me for the appropriate tests.
My concern is that I, like, many, purposely put off going to see him earlier, as I am quite concerned about going to our local hospital in the present climate. I also know that both conditions can turn nasty, with infections etc.. if not treated early.
This has all been compounded by the long holiday period over Xmas . I intend seeing him first thing on Wednesday, when the surgery is open again. I am a aware that all health outlets are overloaded at the moment, and it is likely that I will not get tested for a while yet.
Has anyone had similar experiences, either now or in the past. Regards Ron