Help needed: Struggling today currently... - Mental Health Sup...

Mental Health Support
24,103 members14,279 posts

Help needed

Smudge2522
Smudge2522
9 Replies

Struggling today currently going through a relationship break-up which whilst theres not so far been any nastiness things are slowly getting worse. Last Friday was on the brink of ending everything I even got as far as writing letters to leave behind and today have just gone an got those letters back out again, I know that's not the answer but at the minute it seems to be my go to response, am on anti-depressants but don't feel like they are working (have just changed to new meds this week so.maybe something will start working?)

9 Replies
oldestnewest
PurpleDiva

Firstly that took alot of guts to write this post. So that's a step in the right direction. Well done u it must have been hard for u. As u have just started new meds they will take a a little while to kick in. Have u ever thought about using the likes of helplines, like the samaritans, lifeline etc, just give them a ring when u feel that low , it's got to be worth a go. Wishing u more positive thoughts, to feel well and remember reach out here too.

Kezza

Smudge2522

Thank you for your response. I've also been seeing a counsellor which has been helping but also probably made things worse (for now at least) as it's brought up long buried memories and the emotions associated with those and it has just been overwhelming. I did try the Samaritans but the lady that I spoke to sounded like she should have been on some sort of sex line so didn't find it helpful at all. I'm not feeling as low as I did last Friday but that was a scary low place I found myself in but right now I dont feel too far off there

PurpleDiva

I am glad u r not feeling as low as u did last week, that's a step. Counselling can be both good and bad, as u say it brings emotions back to the surface again, but hopefully when u do see the counsellor next u be able to tell him/ her how low u did feel. The samaritans do also run a text service, where u text them and a counsellor will interact with u via text. Just a thought. The number is 07725 90 90 90.

Smudge2522

Thanks I'll keep a note of that number. I had a chat with my counsellor on Tuesday about it all and showed he the letters and papers I'd put together and I was honest with her as to what they were and we tried to identify how is gotten to that stage

PurpleDiva

At least u being honest and open. Honestly wishing u better days ahead. Take care of yourself and will be on here most days if u ever feel u need a chat.

Kezza

Smudge2522

Thank you kezza, just taking it one day at a time and one hour at a time

1 like
PurpleDiva

Just wanted to say hope u doing ok.

Smudge2522

Hiya, hasn't been the easiest of days today not felt as low as I did last Friday which was good but still fairly low, had to try and keep out of the kitchen and away from the knives as that's all I could think about for a few hours this morning. But have made it through the day without too much damage to myself so I see that as a win

PurpleDiva

That is a win. Well done and u should be proud or yourself. And as u say 1 min, 1 hr, 1 day at a time. Take care and sleep well. And dont forget that number and other numbers are there if u felt at any point u needed them no matter what time it is.

You may also like...