2 Years of feeling down, need urgent ... - Mental Health Sup...

Mental Health Support
24,073 members14,261 posts

2 Years of feeling down, need urgent help!

hbmbsvd034
hbmbsvd034
6 Replies

For 2 years deep sadness, depression & other factors have led me down a troubled and disturbed path. I'm indecisive, confused about absolutely everything, can't do simple things or even think clear; the world physically looks grey and void of color, and I feel like I go through periods of other issues, like they come in waves and leave, such as ocd, mood swings etc. I'm always down though, even when I'm feeling good! I need urgent help because I deserve to be happy and am only young. I have a life to live, how would I get a therapist?

6 Replies
oldestnewest
Rick1on1

Hi,

Are you on meds and have you seen a GP?

hbmbsvd034
hbmbsvd034
in reply to Rick1on1

not on meds

Rick1on1
Rick1on1
in reply to hbmbsvd034

A GP will be able to refer you to a therapist.

There are some self-help treatments - have you tried any?

hbmbsvd034
hbmbsvd034
in reply to Rick1on1

i just feel so helpless, and unstable. I have no idea what is going on and cannot function normally, i need help but dont know how

Rick1on1
Rick1on1
in reply to hbmbsvd034

I can help you with tips gleaned from experience and other's advice here on this forum. Will send you a message and we talk further there?

MAS_Nurse

Hi hbmbsvd034, I am sorry to hear you are feeling this way. As Rick101 has asked, have you been prescribed any medication, seen a GP, or been referred to the Mental Health Team? I feel it is important for you to see your GP and then he /she can access the situation and suggest help and support. Could you take a family member/friend along with you for support?You do deserve to be happy, so do begin by seeing your GP so that help and support can be arranged. Please have a look at the pinned posts on the screen which are also helpful and can you take part in something that interests you even for a short while, as this can help. Also, you may find MIND website helpful and supportive

mind.org.uk mind information line 0300 123 3393. Are any other members able to help hbmbsvd034, please? Thank you and best wishes.

You may also like...