Mental Health Support
22,230 members13,316 posts

Broken and alone

Hi everyone, recently I have started feeling sad, lonely and broken and I want the pain to end but I don't know how to. Ever since my childhood I didn't had much friends. As I grew up I didn't felt lonely because I used to live with my family but recently I moved to a new city in a boarding school. As the time passed I made three friends who were very helpful and were like brothers. Then I fell in love with a girl in coaching and they guided me to woo her and we were in a good relationship for a period of three months, our breakup was due to her family issues , it happened instantaneously, like we were happy and one day she says to end the relationship, I don't know what happened to her after that but I was shattered and broken. The only people who were out there to help me overcome this were the three friends but recently all of them got girlfriends and they left me alone without any help, and now we are not on speaking terms. Each and every day I long to talk to them, they are like in front of me and I cannot talk to them, whenever I am alone in a room, the feeling of loneliness kills me, but I don't think of suicide as an option to end this because I don't want to die nobody. Nowdays I keep having the dreams of what I want in my real life, like friends, family, kids and happiness and these dreams make me more sad because I have them just for a period of 7 hours. My name's Loststar and this is my story, if anyone reading this could help me then please help.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

I feel sad for you losing your friends but now is the time to make new one join a group where you can learn new sills or maybe a hobby there you will make new friends and a new interest hope this helps as i have lost many of my friends never give up on your dreams but also make new ones life is an adventure and sometimes we get caught up in the past which is hard to let go but when we let go new things come to us. We all have memories that we keep. Hope this helps.

1 like

Thanks for your reply, but after all this I fear making new friends. Can you please tell how you made new friends after losing your previous ones.

Try and remember what makes you feel strong independently of anyone else - so for me it’s my art; taking photos and making films, it’s something that comes from me and makes me feel fulfilled. It can be hard to start, but if you can find that thing that makes you feel worth while and that isn’t dependent on the others around you, that may help you like it has helped me in the past. Friends will come and go, people will walk on and out of your life, but maybe try finding that centre which is you. I mean that’s a lot easier said than done aha I haven’t found mine and I feel pretty shit right now but idk give it a go, hope you’re ok x

1 like

Thanks for your reply.

I'll develop new hobbies to let all this go.

1 like

You have to be strong on your own. I've been there and time is the only thing that will heal you.. friends will occupy the time but if they arent available do u have family you can vent to? Or even hotlines? You have to understand your friends also have their own lives to live and most people do not want to be around depressed or sad people. Not saying they are bad people but its just common sense.

I fell in love with a married girl and she buttered me up and told me she loved me and then one day poof she went back to her husband and walked out of my life in an instant. That crushed me and I even saw a therapist. To this day I cannot trust people because of what happened to me. But just telling you from my own experience you need to be able to love yourself first.

1 like

Thanks for your help,

I'll try to love myself and get out of it.

hi there ive been buttered up by a single guy and had to see a counsilor, I'm no where near over him due to my abandonment issues as a result of my childhood, don't go out with attached people your only heading for trouble.. if they married theve the capability to do it to you. dust yourself down and move on to a single person with no baggage. all the best

1 like

Hi well Shocking as it may sound we have all gone through similar more or less everyone has to some degree so you are not alone in that fact as it is part of growing up or as they say in BIG speak Caricature forming shapes the way you are/become.

I'd just relax a little do other things maybe on your own and leave open for others to join you and leave the hard headed i must do this behind.

If you learn to do your own things becoming stronger person many will soon find/like you for being that!.

Hard as it might seem but splitting up can be for a better reason so just let it be/go and look onwards and upwards as just round the corner could be the golden person waiting for you?.

As even the person you just split up with later finding your such a better person could come back to you?

But there are no Paper sheet/instructions for life we just have to work them out for our selves/learn as we go.

But just make sure your in the group that learn/get the plans right!

So be strong Chin up and head high.

1 like

You have to realise the future holds more friends for you, try joining a club - walk or library will tell you as well as online. Plus you should be able to function on your own do something for yourself, join new courses or keep a dairy so you can put down negative thoughts and then make positive thoughts try reverse thinking, mindful mediatation. Try calming yourself down and giving to positive interests. On youtube is positive thinking and mediatation courses.

1 like

Be patient my friend, keep telling yourself that this episode of life is going to pass too, know yourself better and try to not panic about being lonely at least for a period of time, have faith in yourself and try to not make friends too fast when you feel too lonely cause this type of selections are always the worst ones. Hope this would help even a bit.

1 like

You may also like...