Mental Health Support
20,274 members12,357 posts

Is this Schizophrenia?

So, In late 2016 I became severely anxious, and became low due to the whole situation. Then followed by a dark, deep and severe depression in February 2017. I've had many night's where I don't make no sense, am extremely chaotic, and experience huge mini - breakdowns. I've tried cannabis a few times this year, and been having extreme family issues which have become extremely stressful, lost someone I was somewhat close to, no they did not die but I lost them. Have no enjoyment for years, lost a considerable amount of weight, and it came to a head on St Patrick's Day, where out of rage in an argument took a razor, never took the blade out, but slid it down my arm; I've become a hypochondriac, have feelings of elation, not in mood but in terms of grandeur and narcissism, am extremely irritable and rude for no real reason, these are some of the delusions and also that I am so different to everybody else, and that I have been re-incarnated and have a sixth sense. I'm becoming ever more erratic and extremely miserable, I just wan't help. But, I'm only 16, and I don't know what to do. I fear i'm sometimes being watched through my laptop camera; and have characters in my life, particularly of my crushes and I'm on the verge of a complete and utter breakdown! Help!

18 Replies
oldestnewest

who do you have in your life that you can trust to talk to right now....your in a crisis and you should get some professional help to properly diagnose you to start treatment to help you. It's very serious if your self harming and having hallucinations....we can only listen and be supportive here, and you do really need help outside of what we can do here for you.....can you do that?.....is your family able to get you into some care?

2 likes

I can maybe see if a friend can help, my family is a no-no, and im not having hallucinations but very strong delusions, i just cant find words or be able to express anything :(

your doing just fine....just be careful what friends you talk to...sometimes they can not understand and may do that in ways that could be even more hurtful.

Do you have any extended family that you trust to open up and discuss your concerns/feelings with? (An Aunt, Uncle, Cousin etc)

Family is very important for you to have in your life, especially being that you’re so young and are experiencing such horrific things within your mind/life.

Have you ever been treated for any sort of mental illness or are you on any type of medications? Sometimes, certain medications can cause adverse reactions and can put you in a state of psychosis. Illusionary thinking is not an extremely bad thing to have, as long as it’s all healthy thoughts.... however, yours don’t seem to be very happy or healthy.

When did this begin happening to you and was it during/after any major change or crisis in your life?

Just hang in there and know that we’re all here if you need to talk/vent about your feelings.

Close your eyes, take a few very deep breaths and try to imagine the One beach or destination you’d love to visit.... and create a beautiful storyline of you being there, in this very moment. Feel, touch and breathe in the beauty of it.... and know that you’re going to be ok.

Many hugs, positive energy and love to you 💙💙

2 likes

Well, I used to believe it was Depression, and I have never had any meds, In 2015, I was emotionally bullied and manipulated by friends but I never knew or thought it could affect me, I moved cities in 2014, and it was fun and joyous but also horrible and sad. In December 2016, a few months after my anxiety started, I lost my 4th cousin, whom I was quite fond of, we weren't close but we were at the same time!? I'm confused,

It seems like you’ve been through a lot over the last two/three years 😞 Losing your closest cousin, moving to a new city, being bullied by “friends”, etc.

It’s not uncommon for severe anxiety to create false illusions or images in our minds. I’ve had this happen to me several times, especially within the first year or two after I experienced my first actual “panic attack”. That’s been years ago, I was 18 and I’m now 44.... so yes it’s been years lol ☺️ Looking back, that time period seems so very confusing and strange to me. It’s as if I was inside someone else’s mind and body.... almost like there was a robot controlling everything that entered my mind. I remember having insane thoughts and vivid illusions that created only more and more anxiety. It was scary because, at the time, I didn’t understand why it was happening or what the cause was. My life situation was much like yours, I really didn’t have anyone I truly trusted to be able to openly talk about it etc. All of my close friends were gone off to college, I stayed back and attended nursing school at a local hospital. Talking about it to

i'm so shook up now, i actually dont know if my life is real or an illusion as rediculous as it sounds, like im crying because what if im hurting people irl but in this illusion im just laying here, i feel like im gonna have a breakdown im just lost like a danger is coming my way

Can you call your PCP (Family Doctor) first thing tomorrow morning and make an “Emergency” appointment? This is the first step and you really do need to be assessed by a professional. If you aren’t able to wait until tomorrow, “Please” call someone-anyone. A friend, teacher, neighbor, family member, a friends parent etc. You’re so young and have a lot to look forward to in the years ahead, think positive thoughts. It’s hard, I know.... I’ve been full of panic and it’s very tough. You can do it, I promise you’ll be fine as long as you get an appointment with your doctor and reach out to someone if you’re feeling worse. You can’t suffer in silence, and I’m so proud of you for reaching out on this wonderful site.

Many prayers and hugs 💙Meg

1 like

thank u beautiful x

Have you been to a Doctor, a school counselor , talked to your parents ? You sound very funny and smart, like an amazing person. Do the right thing for yourself and seek guidance . You are always welcome here and soon more people will give you their opinions on what you can do.You won't be alone anymore. Pam

thank you doll x

1 like

You need to go out with people who have positive attitude, like holy people or try joining a walking club in London, they have lots of interests - on the internet

At sixteen you can make appointments to see your GP in your own right. I would in the first instance make a double appointment, also write a list of all your concerns, this will help you to not forget any of these health problems. Your GP will listen and decide on a pathway for you to follow, you need that diagnosis and treatment.

You need to tell your GP regards, mood, anxiety and anything else including self harm.

If you know the reasons why you feel the way you do explain that in your list.

Talk to your GP, we are here to give encouragement And Support

BOB

thank u

Hello 😊I’m just checking in to see how you’re feeling and if you were able to get an appointment with your family physician.

I’ve beeb thinking about you and praying you’re feeling better!

Let me know 😊

Meg

Tysm, I'm still feeling flat as usual and angry but am getting a comprehensive assement of friday i think so lets hope x

Hello! How did your assessment go today? I’ve been thinking about you and hoping everything is starting to change for the better!! Lots of hugs and prayers to you!! 💙😊

Sorry I mean't to say next friday haha, and thanks so much! Prayers to you too! x

You may also like...