Mental Health Support
19,978 members12,171 posts

Feeling alone

Hi....am feeling very low..its night here in my country and am unable to sleep..am from mauritius...if u have read my past post u would know my life..my boyfriend is busy since 2 week..am completely alone in my room for 2 week i haven't talk to anyone..everyone is busy in their lives..am in school holidays..my parents don't let me go out with friend or any place..i just watch tv eat surf internet all day alone..am like this for 2 weeks..i can't explain someone my feelings...i don't even have friends...am getting bad thoughts and a review of everything happened in my life...i can't even afford a doctor...am hopeless

12 Replies
oldestnewest

I have read your previous posts. You say that your sister's husband raped you. Is that the same sister who knows about the rape? I was raped at age 14 by a 21 year old man. I was the child and he was the adult. The rape of you was not your fault; particularly being part of your family. Please please do not feel guilty, but I think you are in trauma and what we call PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).

Jobs in most countries now are difficult to get, even with a university degree. Do you know what your ideal job would be? I have a 35 year old son and he left school with no qualifications. I made him go and train for a what we call a 'trade'. He chose electrician. Considering he was a drug addict in his teens he has turned his life around. Could you get some qualifications online or at a college near you? I always think that book-keepers and accountants' assistants are always needed. Also hairdressers. It is the trades jobs rather than university degrees jobs that I think are more needed. The youngsters in England can get apprenticeships where they work with experienced people for a small wage but then they get the necessary experience. You are still young and you have plenty of time to train for a job or get experience to work in something you enjoy.

It's a shame you can't go outside when your boyfriend is not around for you. Could you perhaps do a part time job for charity so you can meet some people? Be kind to yourself, and take care x

Hi marigold..yes she is the same sister husband who raped me..i can't get some qualification because my parents will not allow me..i don't want them to know about my life thats why i behave like a kid with them...they think am still a kid..its very sad to know that there are raped people like me..thnxs for advice...i know am in ptsd but i can't do anything because no one is here to help or understand me

Well your parents are being very selfish and in fact stupid. You will need to get a job of some sort one day so they do not have to pay out for your food and things you need like clothes. Why do they not let you go out? You are in fact being held as a prisoner by your parents.

They think am still a kid and mostly because i stay quiet and alone all day so they think i won't be able to manage to go out...they are protective means i don't have permission to even talk to a boy or go out with girls

Hello Bbdoux, I know exactly how are you feeling when you say "everyone is busy with their lives"l. Have you talked to your parents about this? Maybe they don´t even know what´s in your mind. My advice for you is to do it. From your post, I see you´re a teenager. Best would be to enrol in some sport activities, every student needs to have their own hobbies

1 like

Hi there I haven't read your previous posts so sorry though I'm just being straight up with you. So sorry that you were rapped by your sister's husband. I know me being sorry can't do anything but there is still hope. I'm not exactly sure why your parent's wouldn't let you go out probably their just over protective or just they don't want you to leave them cause their just concerned about you due to the rape issue( sorry to bring it up again) but maybe you should talk to them and tell them how you feel if you can't actually speaks to them one on one write a letter or something saying how you feel. I know how it feels to be left alone but not as far to your extent but you know there's always hope. I know I keep talking about hope but maybe you can make a change do what you've always wanted to do dispite your not open to much other than the internet use what you have to accomplish your goal. An please just don't respond back and say you will and you wouldn't seriously talk to your parents or do the letter thing find a way to get out. About your boyfriend he'd come around eventually just give it time. Make new friends go see a movie oh wait your probably fed up of movies my bad. Do one thing that scares you a day face your fears. Be who you wanna be aim for better cause you can do anything you put your mind too. Also not to be forcing anything here you can pray an ask God to help you through your situation cause he is a way maker. Put him first and he shall supply all your needs. God bless <3 ^_^ :)

Hi..thanks for advice...my parents don't know about the rape issue...i haven't told them because i don't want them to pity me or maybe they would be angry ect

What they don't know? Their suppose to know an I doubt they'd pity you there your parents they should try to console you.

2 likes

Hello dear, I think you could share what happened with your dad. I experienced child abuse at age 6 by my cousins and spoke about it to my mum after a year (I knew from very inside that those things were wrong and wanted to give it off my chest). They (my parents) decided to keep me away from them from that moment and my cousins were grounded. Not that it was the punishment they deserved to be honest, but at least I didn´t have to go visit them anymore.

Hope my story helps, and I hope talking to your dad also helps, men tend to be more protective with their daughters in general

Bear hug for you!

1 like

Hi....thanks but no my dad is alcoholic

Hiya, so sorry to hear about the difficulties you are facing. Are you able to discuss how you feel with your mother? If she knew how unhappy you are, would she do anything to help you? Is there any other relative, e.g. an aunt, grandparent, who you could share your feelings with? Please stay positive - things can change for the better, so don't give up hope for a brighter future. Take care,

1 like

Hi..my mother and i don't share a good relation because i don't understand her vice versa...i don't have relative except my mom dad 2 elder sis

You may also like...