Hair: Hi, I'm 16 and basically since I... - Men's Health Forum

Men's Health Forum
21,114 members3,704 posts

Hair

ricez
ricez

Hi, I'm 16 and basically since I was 14 I've had a lot of body hair, like everywhere. My legs have a lot of hair, which basically has made me insecure about wearing shorts, this also doesn't help when I wear them in the house and my parents and siblings even talk about the hairiness of my legs. I finally shave my face now, because I used to get mad facial hair.

But it's mostly about my ass hairs, like it's very hairy, and I can't shave it because the hair is that thick, and I can't get enough razors to shave it. I've tried with scissors and it doesn't cut. I'm 16 now, and can't afford, or tell anyone for a waxing. I was at a party, drunk, and my pants kind of came down at the back because I was wearing loose jeans, and my friend pulled them up and saw how hairy my ass was, they didn't even see all the way down too. The hairs at the top come up my back and you can see it if i pull up my shirt (which I hardly ever do either). It's had an effect of my self-confidence.

I don't know what to do about it, I don't have access to hair removal cream, as I don't really have the money for it, and I don't know if I'll even be seen with it so it could be very awkward.

14 Replies
oldestnewest
Osidge
OsidgeModerator

I guess there must be tons of information online about hair removal and what is available in your area. If you are too nervous to buy creams or to mention it to anyone and razors and scissors are no use, you really will have to get used to being hairy. Many men are.

ricez
ricez
in reply to Osidge

Yeh, but at my age it's really embarrassing.

Trains60
Trains60
in reply to ricez

Hey Bro l would not get stressed about being too hairy. I have more body hair than l would choose. I am uncircumcised and accept my body as it is. I enjoy and get the most special experience wanking. I am experimenting with a lubricant at the moment. Hang in there.

You are still in puberty things are still growing etc

I shave my legs smooth as I am a keen cyclist but my bum etc is hairy it's what happens to men ,but you could try and cut it down if it worries you that much

When I was your age I didn't take my top off as all my back was covered in spots ( not on my face) so everybody is different it is also down to your family men if they are hairy so will you be like being as tall as your grandad etc

Give it a few years and you get a job you might get a wax etc

ricez
ricez
in reply to LASERUK

Okay, thanks.

Men are supposed to be hairy. Lots of men would be jealous of you and lots of women would find it very attractive. I would be proud! I know lots of men who are very very hairy and happily strip off on the beach etc and don't mind who sees. Confidence is a very attractive quality and is even stronger than any physical attribute you may have

ricez
ricez
in reply to kevk8762

I mean I'd like a bit of hair, but what I've got it's too much. Like if I was older it might be fine. But I've been as hairy as my dad, or possibly more since I was like 14.

Osidge
OsidgeModerator
in reply to ricez

Looking at your 3 posts to date you seem to have image issues. Perhaps you need to seek medical help in dealing with these issues if they are causing you so much stress.

ricez
ricez
in reply to Osidge

Image issues?

Osidge
OsidgeModerator

“Is my penis big, is my penis of the right sensitivity, am I too hairy”. These are all normal issues that you seem to be very concerned about.

ricez
ricez
in reply to Osidge

I am.

Hairiness is just part of being an adult male. This is something to embrace, accept and even be proud of. We are as our genetics dictate. Accept yourself as you are and others will follow your lead. If they don't, they are not worth spending time with.

I remember when I was about 13 or 14 years old one of my school friends pointing to my legs at the swimming pool and laughing at how all the hairs were standing on end with the cold. I still don't know to this day whether he was just amused, or whether he wished to tease or humiliate me. I decided to actively assume he had benign motives and just joined in with the joke. It was never an issue again.

ricez
ricez
in reply to BexyBoy

Honestly, now I make a joke about it if someone says "look at your legs", I just make a comment back to basically insult how theirs aren't as hairy as mine and they usually back off. But when it's in front of my family, and they make fun out of it, it's embarrassing knowing that I now have a lot of leg hair, when they've known me the majority of my life having no leg hair.

Mathewsmith
Mathewsmith
in reply to ricez

It’s really hard at your age to feel that you fit it. It gets better as you find yourself. The best think you can do is be kind to yourself. If you can talk to someone you are close too who understands you it can help.

You may also like...