Men's Health Forum
13,656 members3,065 posts

MGM (male genital mutilation)

As FGM is illegal in this country, I think MGM should also be made illegal, except for medical reasons, or when males become of age.

MGM for religious reasons should be stopped.

44 Replies
oldestnewest

Yes, indeed!

3 likes

Nope, it never won't banned because there's the freedom of religion!

1 like

So its OK for males to be mutilated for religious reasons, yet the same people shout out about against Female genital mutilation. Children should not be cut just for religion.

They should be allowed to decide when they become adults, or for medical reasons.

2 likes

Male circumcision is NO mutilation! That's something all anti-circumcision people cries out but is not true.

I'm not anti circumcision, male circumcision reduces sensitivity and the urge for sex,

me and my doctor talked about this as i was having problems with thrush quite a lot, he wanted me to have it done, but looking at some of the results on here i decided not to have it done

1 like

That's a lie. I've been circumcised and I am still very sensitive. More sensitivity would be unbearable. And what about the urge for sex ... that has nothing to do with being circumcised or uncircumcised!

1 like

Okay, I know your american and everything, but this post is about infant circumcision, which America is the only 1st world country that still supports it and doesn’t think its mutilation ( obviously if you are jewish or muslim you “have” to do it, but alot of them still see it as wrong ) and it’s already been proven that you loose sensitivity, you had phimosis so you don’t understand, but its not a more intense sensation, its just a lot more erogenous.

1 like

How on earth can you know how it feels after being circumcised if you're uncircumcised yourself? If you are not against circumcision then at least you're brainwashed by the anti-circumcision sect.

from what i have read on here and internet from what I've been told by friends who have had it done, as i was looking into it to see if i should have it done.

What you read here against circumcision are things that have been proclaimed by members of the anti-circumcision sect who are btw very active here.

You better should read studies instead of what people tell.

Omg 😂 you call everyone anti circumcision, please get cultured and educated, 80% of men are uncut, people who are in 3rd world countries or America or are part of a religious group

2 likes

Not everyone, only those who clearly are!

Thousands of circumcised men dispute your claims.

1 like

But millions don't!

2 likes

Circumcision has numerous disadvantages. Removal of the foreskin will cause the glans (head) of the penis to become less sensitive over time. This results in less pleasure during sexual activity. The foreskin itself has a function to allow a natural gliding motion during sexual intercourse and masturbation.

Circumcision has numerous disadvantages. Removal of the foreskin will cause the glans (head) of the penis to become less sensitive over time. This results in less pleasure during sexual activity. The foreskin itself has a function to allow a natural gliding motion during sexual intercourse and masturbation.

That's not true. Several studies have proven that there's no difference in sensitivity between a circumcised and an uncircumcised penis. Circumcised men enjoy sex as pleasurable as uncircumcised do.

You made a wise decision. Honest victims of circumcision regret their their decisions.

If it isn’t mutilation, what is mutilation?

1 like

Girls are legally protected against even tiny pin pricks for religious reasons. The question really is about whose religious views should be free. Does the baby not have rights? Is he chattel?

1 like

I totally agree that infant male circumcision is a violation of human rights.

2 likes

I don’t think circumcision should be carried out on any one. Other then on medical grounds. We seem to live in an age that wants quick fixes for everything. Anything medical carriers risks. Why take the risk if there is other options. The NHS is already over loaded and there is so many people waiting for more important operation. It isn’t natural to have the foreskin removed. It’s there for a reason.

3 likes

The NHS does not perform circumcisions on children. Its also basically illegal to circumcise a child in england if its not for your religion, which is still extremely wrong, we need a full on ban tbh. Also circumcision here is very rarely use to treat phimosis.

3 likes

Yes. The advent of Jesus has fulfilled the requirement of Jews to circumcise baby boys. St Paul spoke very strongly of this.

I said I don’t agree with it, please read it again, I am saying what the laws are in england are for infant circumcision, because he mentioned thhe nhs

How can it be for religion, the Jews circumcise almost straight away so the child has no say what so ever, so these children are being mutilated, without their permission they should wait until the he becomes of age to say if he wants or not. how about if he grows up and decides not to follow the Jewish faith.

You can complain as much as you like, a ban on circumcision will never happen! The anti-circumcision sect has done many efforts but failed on and on again. The last failure was Iceland!

Not trying to ban circumcision, it has it's place for medical reasons, I just think it's barbaric to do it to babies or without consent, I know FGM is by far worse and should be banned.

Well, I wished they circumcised me as a baby then I would never have suffered from phimosis. All my brothers were done as a baby and are perfectly fine with it.

Timmy, your brothers are clueless of their losses. Ignorance is bliss.

1 like

You realise that most countries have either a semi enforced ban on circumcision/ a full ban on circumcision on children already.

Is it? Do you really believe that? In most countries is male circumcision allowed for either religious or medical reasons.

I men’t some 😂, in Germany their is a full ban already, in england you cannot get a baby circumcised unless its for religious reasons, etc. So i mean some countries not most, it was a typo. Also what medical reasons would their be for someone under 16 to go for a circumcision?

I'm afraid you're misinformed. There's no ban on circumcision in Germany. The government has decided that male circumcision is allowed after a judge had condemned it.

I see, I never heard that it was legalised again.

Actually, it’s very close to happening is some countries of Europe and in Iceland.

1 like

That is a fair point, but I doubt it will receive much support providing the procedure is carried out correctly.

In female genital mutilation it is the clitoris that is cut and not surrounding skin. The clitoris is similar to the glans of the penis. To compare these it would have to be the head of the penis removed and not the foreskin Can we men imagine how painful it would be if the head of the penis is amputated without anaesthesia. Female genital mutilation is done without anaesthesia and the pain is unimaginable. In certain tribes In female genital mutilation the labials are also cut so that the vagina is closed due to adhesions and the girl is left almost closed like this until she is to get married. A small opening is left just to facilitate menstruation. To prepare the girl for marriage in some African tribes a bull's horn is inserted into the vagina to open her again, ( without anaesthesia) in preparation for sexual intercourse. These are barbaric traditions and we should all stand up to get these traditions illegal in every country, especially in the African continent.

3 likes

As ever, that was very insightful Nfor.

People are of course entitled to their opinions (and entitled to express them if well reasoned), but I think that comparisons to female genital mutilation show a lack of understanding for just how heinous a practice FGM is. It’s often perpetrated using crude, unsanitised tools, serves zero medical benefits in all instances and can cause life long agony and infections. At its core, it is a barborous form of gender based violence and its repercussions are dangerous and last a life time, making child birth exponentially dangerous.

It’s fine to lobby for or against male circumcision, but the disparity between male and female circumcision is beyond compare.

2 likes

FGM and female circumcision are different practices. Both are illegal to be performed on minors in most civilized countries. Because osf equal protection laws, male circumcision is techically illegal in some countries. A court of law adhering to strict law interpretation could bring a halt to such cruel torture of baby boys.

Not exactly correct. Female circumcision removes the female foreskin. Removal of the clitoris is a different surgery.

Removal of the clitoris constitutes Type 1 and Type 2 FGM, with the more severe skin removal and damage constituting Types 3 and 4

Men circumcised at birth keratinize(callus) because of that part of the body's ability to adapt; in this case it "overeacts" when compared to men circumcised later on in life16/17yo and beyond. Not only this but some of the most pleasurable parts of the entire penis are removed in infant circumcision- and they truly dont know what they've lost because they've never had it.

Men circumcised at a later age typically do not callus nearly as much because their body's resiliency is no where near what it was in infancy- they dont lose sensitivity in retrospect pertaining to the callusing of the glans.

A biblical circumcision is different than the type of circumcision we have today- back in time before the pharaohs it was just the overhang of the foreskin that children have( they still held full coverage) .

Nowadays they remove enough tissue to place the skin behind the glans permanently.

Approximately 200-300 children die as result from circumcision and there may be more due to the recent study that it has a link to SIDs(sudden infant death syndrome).

Many men have complications from the surgery- the most common is meatal stenosis, which occurs in approximately 10 percent of males circumcised at birth.

Timmyboy20, you were circumcised in adulthood so you do not have the loss of sensation due to your lack of resiliency.

When you can go through 10 years of school, see phalluses everyday and treat them come back and dispute this, otherwise your quite I'll mannered, pedantic form of argument you have means nothing to me.

You may also like...