Men's Health Forum
15,857 members3,312 posts

Issue pulling foreskin back

When I am flaccid I can pull my foreskin back but when I am semi erected or fully erected my foreskin only pulls back a tiny bit

18 Replies
oldestnewest

What age are you? If only a teenager keep working it back and forth, don’t rush it

I'm 20 about to turn 21

Your foreskin opening is tight. You can stretch it to make it bigger. willywellbeing.com

1 like

Hello, since I saw from your previous reply, you stated you were 20, about to turn 21. I'm thinking that the opening is a lot smaller, this is constricted by the frenulum - This usually detaches itself by the age of 10-16. Possibly, due to your age, you may have: Phimosis. Don't worry, this is a totally normal thing that's saw in males. Try search: 'Phimosis' on google. Look at some images, see if it matches up!

Hope it helped!

I can see from previous replies and comments that you are about 21. By this age, if everything was right, you should have been able to easily retract your foreskin when erect. If you are not able to do that, in all probability you are suffering from a medical condition called Phimosis. It affects the foreskin, causing a hard sclerotic fibrous ring formation which prevents the foreskin from being retracted.

I would suggest you to consult a urologist as soon as possible, and let him assess. If the phimosis is not severe, stretching exercises (stretching the foreskin 3-4 times a day) coupled with topical steroids will relieve the phimosis and you may be able to retract your foreskin. However, if the phimosis is too severe and the opening has narrowed, steroid creams and stretching do not work. In such a scenario, circumcision is the only solution.

However, I would again repeat that consult a good urologist and let him assess. Do not fall in the trap of pro- or anti- circumcision groups. A competent urologist is always the best to assess your line of treatment. A severe phimosis, if untreated, may lead to diseases like Lichen Sclerosus, urine retention, spraying of urine, infection due to smegma build-up and consequences are generally not good. If the doctor suggests circumcision, do not be afraid and go for it as a severe phimosis leads to significant problems if not corrected timely.

Your scare tactics are ridiculous and dangerous. He is facing no urgent health issue which warrants immediate action, nor is circumcision the only answer. His best option is to pursue skin expansion by manipulation. It works, and it preserves the integrity of his body.

1 like

People know your anti-circumcision rants all over the forum. So, no one takes you seriously. It's better he consults a competent doctor. Don't misguide people !!

1 like

I agree. He better should see a doctor instead of trying all kind of things that won't work.

This is quite alarmist and absurd.

That’s great news, for those too timid will now have the truth to find relief. Part of that truth is that I’ve been taken seriously for more than the 25 years which are documented on Network 54. Competent doctors are hard to find. Even experience urologists have little to no experience dealing with natural remedies because of bias and lack of time to explore options. All visitors here are entitled to truth. That’s why I’m here. It’s time to quit feeding your pro-circ fetishes.

1 like

I agree Jim. We are living in a culture that’s very wrong and wants easy ways to fix things. I believe any sort of surgery should only be used in emergencies and as a last result and I also do believe circumcisions is unnecessary in a vast majority of men. I do think fathers need to start educating there sons on how to care for there penis. My young nephew came to me to ask my advice instead of going to his dad as his dad would call him gay. Shocking but very true I have found this to be the case with other families too. Naturally I have spoken to my nephews mum about her sons problems and she is happy for me to give him advice. Knowledge is the key to being able to deal with health issues.

1 like

And don't forget, urologists, like most doctors, make a lot more money for surgical treatments than from suggesting natural remedies. Jeremy, Medibation.com

1 like

I am no doctor. I would also advise you to speak with a doctor as soon as possible. About ways of dealing with this issue. It sounds like you might have Phimosis (medical term for a tight foreskin) there is many ways of dealing with this issue without resulting to surgery.willywellbeing.com is a really good place to start. Also phimocure is a fantastic product and it does work. I have used it and my nephew is now using this product also. We are both having or in my case had success with this product. But you first need to get advise from a doctor. Good luck please update us how you get on.

Unfortunately, many doctors don't know much about foreskin since they don't have one.

2 likes

I agree but in the uk they can refer you to different departments for advice more then anything.

"Phimosis" which means 'muzzled" in Greek, from which the word comes, is simply a condition, not a disease.

First of all, since you can retract when flaccid, you do not meet the definition of phimosis.

You only have a tight foreskin that needs some manual stretching over time to make it completely retractable when you are erect.

1 like

This is nothing to worry about. Non-retractile foreskin is not a life-threatening condition.

You are blessed with a protective, highly-innervated, erogenous full-length foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision.

You should thank your parents for protecting your physical integrity. Because of your physical integrity you will be able to have sex the way nature intended it.

sexasnatureintendedit.com/

doctorsopposingcircumcision...

Do not be misled by those who want you to have part of your penis cut off.

Every male starts life with a tight, non-retractable foreskin. Some get looser automatically and some need a little help.

The foreskin is supposed to be tight and non-retractable in childhood so that it provides protection, but it is supposed to retract and glide back and forth in adulthood. Teens are in transition between childhood and adulthood so frequently the foreskin is still non-retractable.

It is not necessary to have a foreskin that will retract. Some men live their entire lives with a non-retractable foreskin. They can masturbate, have penetrative sex, get married, and father children with a foreskin that does not retract.

circumstitions.com/Restric/...

You may clean non-retractile foreskin with a rubber-bulb ear syringe. Just fill the syringe with lukewarm water and squirt it into the foreskin.

It is easy to make your foreskin wider and looser by manual stretching.

circumstitions.com/Docs/tee...

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen. In most cases the foreskin becomes retractable by age eighteen.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this several times every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension several times every day so that it will grow wider.

Betamethasone valerate ointment, which is available by prescription may help, but it won’t work by itself. Manual stretching is still required.

willywellbeing.com/forums/f...

cirp.org/library/normal/

thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/T...

genitalwholeness.wordpress....

cirp.org/library/treatment/...

healthboards.com/boards/men...

You may also like...