Men's Health Forum
13,612 members3,056 posts

Does vaseline delay the process of keritanisation after circumcision?

Hi, i recently had a circumcision one week ago today and things seem to have went okay. However the only thing I am struggling with at the moment is the hypersensitivity of my glans! I cant bear to even wear pants without smothering the head of my penis in vaseline to stop it sticking and rubbing. What i was wondering is how long does keritanisation usually take and will the use of vaseline on the glans lengthen the time it takes?

19 Replies
oldestnewest

Hey mate. Seems like me and you are in exactly the same position in regards to sensitivity and when we had the operation. Vaseline won't slow down the process of desensitisation and the fact you have managed albeit difficult but to put boxers on with vaseline will speed up the process. That said sleep with no boxers and still try to give the glans some air. I'm still unable to wear boxers so you are doing a better job than me.

1 like

Cheers for your reply mate, thats good to know then because I dont think i could bear it without the vaseline haha. What I did to start with when trying to wear boxers was wore really soft loose ones and then coated the head of my penis in a thick layer of vaseline, I am now managing to reduce the amount of vaseline I am using and I am noticing a very slight difference in sensitivity. Its nearly bearable now!

1 like

Just keep plugging along I'm sure in a weeks time you'll be able to comfortable wear them. I may try something similar as I can't deal with walking around in just my dressing gown much longer aha

1 like

I’m just trying to ignore it now (which is easier said than done), hopefully it wont be too much longer because I actually need to leave the house aha

1 like

You and me both I'm going crazy not being able to leave the house. Fingers crossed things work out for us both and quickly

1 like

Hey again mate, I may have found a solution to the sensitivity issues, well it doesnt take it away instantly but does make you get used to it. Put vaseline all over the head of your penis, wear loose fitting boxers around the house at first, then after a few days of that try wearing tracksuit bottoms around the house, I went to the doctors today and wore my tracksuit bottoms and loose underwear. Anyways the doctor said as you said that the vaseline wouldnt slow down the process of keritanisation. Also when your in the shower cup some water in your hands and gently pour it over your penis, this helps aswell!

1 like

Thank you for taking the time to reply and I'll definitely start doing all of what you said. Thanks again mate. Take care

1 like

No problem mate, you too.

1 like

I think it's better to let it bare without Vaseline in your undies. At least that's what I did. Give it a few weeks and the hypersensitivity will be gone. Make sure you were tight underwear that prevents your penis from rubbing against the fabric. Be patient, it will be fine very soon!

1 like

I’m not sure if I could manage it with no vaseline on just yet haha, I’m not brave enough. How long did it take for yours to become bearable enough to do normal activitys?

It took me about 2-3 weeks before everything went normal but it was worth it. It's so much better now. I am glad I've done it.

1 like

Thats great to hear! I hear so many negative stories about it but so far apart from the hypersensitivity I think its the right choice.

Yeah, I know. These stories are coming from the anti-circumcision movement. It's something that has its roots here in the USA where most men have been circumcised as a baby. Because of that, some of them believe they have been deprived of something precious. But if you've been circumcised later you know it's not true. I can assure you that you made the right choice, just as I did a few years ago!

1 like

Yeah I’ve seen a few posts by people who follow that movement. Personally I think they just want an excuse to get angry about something aha. Thanks for all your replies they really do help! Even managed to get out of the house today with little vaseline on. Things seem to be improving.

1 like

IT is day 5 after circumcision, but I am still leaking that yellow lymph fluid so if I don't put vaseline, my underwear gets stuck to the glans...PAINFUL! So I have no choice right now. But my glans is also super sensitive still!! Are you still leaking that yellow lymph fluid? I am assuming I will keep leaking until majority of that swelling goes away since your lymphatic system is responsible for draining that extra fluid.

1 like

I’m not sure I have any of the leaking you’re talking about? Does it come out the end of your penis or the wound?

Mine looks like from the wound itself, however, I have a bigger wound since I had a scrotoplasty along with the circumcision since I had a webbed penis where the scrotum attached higher onto the penis. They removed that webbing, so my incision line goes down my penis on the underside (frenulum side) as well. I am assuming that is why I have more lymphatic drainage than others.

1 like

Yes thats probably what it is then. Just a quick question? Did they remove your frenulum during the circumcision? Because I have a friend who was recently circumcised as well and they left his intact. They removed mine however

I am actually not too sure if they removed it. It is really swollen in that area so I am guessing he didn’t remove it fully.

You may also like...