1 year post circ, how to keep glans s... - Men's Health Foru...

Men's Health Forum (Penis Health)
9,628 members3,904 posts

1 year post circ, how to keep glans smooth?

Mn69420
Mn69420

Hey guys it's been approx 1 year post op. It has healed perfectly and I love it, the only thing I've noted is I have started drying upreally fast now. I wore dressing around it for 4 months but since then I have rapidly seen the skin get more flakey. Any suggestions on how to stop that? I'm afraid I'll lose too much sensitivity.

33 Replies
oldestnewest
Hidden
Hidden

You may wish to use a lotion/cream such as coconut oil.

Mn69420
Mn69420 in reply to Hidden

Doesn't coconut oil cause condoms to break?

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Mn69420

Possibly so best to be sure, maybe use coconut oil during the day, and shower well before using? I’ve heard coconut oil be used a lot post circumcision

S2BC
S2BC in reply to Mn69420

Yep, coconut oil is not suitable with a condom. Just for a personal usage.

Do you put any moisturize cream on

Mn69420
Mn69420 in reply to Fredlucas

No i just used to wear the medical tape sleeve. Haven't applied anything

S2BC
S2BC in reply to Mn69420

After one year?

Mn69420
Mn69420 in reply to S2BC

Wore it for 2 months after the stitches dissolved, to keep any inflammation down.

S2BC
S2BC in reply to Mn69420

Got it. Like already said. Try to use some moisturizer.

Mn69420
Mn69420 in reply to S2BC

Do I need to get like a specific moisturizer (unscented etc) or just any face/body cream is fine? Penises are more resilient than vaginas is what I've heard but I'm not sure lol

Fredlucas
Fredlucas in reply to Mn69420

Ok I am 6 months post op and fully healed I put moisturiser with Shea butter and vitamin e and it works a treat for sex and masterbation/ massage I use coconut oil very good stuf and good for your skin I put the cream on at least 3 times a day works good hope this helps good luck and take care

Mn69420
Mn69420 in reply to Fredlucas

Shea butter stains clothes :(

Fredlucas

It dont stain mine

Fredlucas

Hi again do you have a Tesco near you

try chapstick.

any oil based thing you put on your penis will melt latex condom though, always do a proper cleaning before putting condom on.

Mn69420
Mn69420 in reply to xsocut

ok, thanks for the advice.

Hi glad your doing well. Maybe you can help me. Had circumcision 14 days ago due to Phimosis. I have concerns. Swelling has not gone down, looks like not enough foreskin was removed, and have a white marks where my stiches were.

Should I worry? Sorry don't know how to download pics.

Mrven
Mrven in reply to BoyBello

Hi vb. Am 21 days recovering. Use to get those whitish stuff initially. Then I cleaned the wound twice a day at least. Sometimes 3 times. Doing much better now.

This is what I did. Wash generally with mild soap. Use cotton bud to gently rub away any substance. Pat dry as much as possible. Use chlorhexadine 4% (it's a pink solution) with cotton bud gently rub away as much substance as possible.

Apply bepenthen cream (white cream). Wrap with a gauze. Repeat again in 4-5 hours time. When removing gauze if becomes to sticky n painful to remove, just wet area under running water. Gauze will come off easily

Hope that helps mate. Speedy recovery

i had no problems with my stitches man, sorry to hear that. It usually takes time for the swelling to go down tho, dont forget to keep it clean and check daily if the stitches are intact all the way around.

The best permanent fix would be non-surgical foreskin restoration. A restored foreskin protects the glans and keeps it moist and sensitive, while preventing keratinisation and reversing it when it has occurred.

en.intactiwiki.org/index.ph...

It takes commitment, dedication, and perseverance for several years to do it.

Mn69420
Mn69420 in reply to Bucky85

Yo I didn't go thru a surgery and apply antiseptic creams for a whole month to go right back and grow another foreskin lmao

Bucky85
Bucky85 in reply to Mn69420

Lots of guys are doing it! This sub-reddit has 11,900 members.

reddit.com/r/foreskin_resto...

The only thing which prevents the glans from drying out and developing a leathery texture is being covered by a foreskin. Foreskin restoration can help you to replicate what you lost. norm.org gives details.

Mn69420
Mn69420 in reply to jimfromcalif

I'll pass lol, circumcised is so much better.

My glans doesn’t have a leathery texture. So being covered by a foreskin is not the only thing that prevents it drying out.

Why are you complaining?

Not complaining, just don't want flakey skin on my penis, just like i dont want disgusting smegma on my penis OR a foreskin.

I used Vaseline for my dryness. Make sure it’s Vaseline and not the substitute. Try using it three (3) a day.

S2BC
S2BC in reply to Stinkpot56

Why? What is the big difference? Vaseline is just a registered trademark. It is just petroleum jelly like all the other substitutes. I'm not talking about fake medicines now.

Vaseline worked for me. I have never used anything else. I only use name brand products. Since my cut during the healing process. I only used Vaseline and it worked very very well.

S2BC
S2BC in reply to Stinkpot56

Nice to hear. Do know 'Vaseline(R)' is a product name like 'Pepsi'. The ointment itself is petroleum jelly.

Stinkpot56
Stinkpot56 in reply to S2BC

I guess I am old school and Vaseline is 100% white petroleum. Check the other brands.

CuriousQ
CuriousQ in reply to Stinkpot56

Talking about needing creams to keep the glans smooth, maybe just maybe the foreskin actually has a function! To be OT I personally don't like Vaseline. Too thick and greasy.

You may also like...