LUPUS UK
21,878 members17,323 posts

Good rheumy in or around leeds

Hi

I am looking for a good rheumatologist in or around leeds. I am currently being treated by a rheumatologist that, for some reason, I don't trust.... He hasn't done anything in particular but I get the sense he isn't telling me the whole story and I function better if I know that facts so that I can put some logic to the whole process rather than constantly being nervous about what could happen next. I am also looking for a naturopath to investigate possible food intolerances or triggers

Thank you in anticipation ;0)

M

4 Replies
oldestnewest

The Lupus Clinic at St. Thomas' Hospital used to have a list of recommended consultants in all areas of UK. For some reason, I can't find the link to that today but you can e-mail and ask: londonlupuscentre@hcahealthcare.co.uk

I go th Chapel Allerton and attend Prof Emrys clinic and have nothing but praise for them. Anytime I have any problems I'm encouraged to pick up the phone and speak with them and am always given an appt to go and see them if I'm worried.

If you can get to Sheffield Halamshire, Dr.M.Akil - he is my Hero.

I e.mail him if I have problems and he lets me get my bloods done at my own doctors and I e.mail him the results. I once had a problem and e.mailed him. - he was in the que at the Airport going on holiday and Yet he even then Helped me out. I just hope he never moves - if he does I am following! Good luck.

Prof Dennis McGonagle is brilliant and is based at St James in Leeds. I am not sure if he had a clinic at LGI as well. I was seeing him here in Halifax at the BUPA hospital until BUPA refused to pay out any more for Lupus related treatment. He is lovely and as he is a Prof he knows what he is talking about!

You may also like...