Gov.uk are deregistering the extremely vulnerable... - LUPUS UK

LUPUS UK

28,608 members24,883 posts

Gov.uk are deregistering the extremely vulnerable UNLESS...?

Hi all lupus sufferers,

Just got a text message saying that I have been deregistered as “extremely” vulnerable UNLESS I register by phone/online with my NHS number. “You have told us that you have deregistered...? REALLY?🤔

Nothing of the sort! Very surprising in view of lockdown.

So to all those still dependent on food boxes get re-registered ASAP!

Regards to all

15 Replies
Paul_Howard profile image
Paul_HowardAdministrator

Hi Hidden,

Is this for the food parcel support service that the deregistering refers to?

I understand that if an individual who is registered with the scheme does not wish to receive a Government food parcel, they can then ‘deregister’ on the GOV.UK, or by refusing the parcel when it is delivered. They will then be removed from the Government distribution list. Deregistering will not affect their supermarket priority status.

in reply to Paul_Howard

Hi Paul,

Yes but what really worries me is the actual wording of the text message, “You have told us you have deregistered...”.🤔

But I didn’t so are the people who run the scheme deregistering everyone UNLESS they re-register?

The supermarkets priority service is helpful but many are still waiting at least 4 weeks for a delivery slot hence the weekly food parcel delivery service is most helpful whilst waiting.

Regards

Paul_HowardAdministrator in reply to

Had you been receiving the food parcels? Do you wish to continue receiving them?

I've not heard of anyone else being deregistered as of yet.

in reply to Paul_Howard

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have been receiving the weekly food parcels and hopefully will continue to do so now that I have re-registered via the the automated phone service as below in reply to happytulip.

Just wondering whether with the easing of lockdown food parcel deliveries are being stopped according to different local authority districts. I know that some have declined food parcels voluntarily but in my case the text message was somewhat presumptive and I’m still scratching my head.

Perhaps the NATIONAL SHIELDING SERVICE is progressively stopping food deliveries over the coming weeks? Perhaps there is a policy change that has not as yet been publicised?

Regards

Paul_HowardAdministrator in reply to

Hi Hidden,

I don't believe that there is a plan to decrease the shielding service. In fact, over the past few days I have seen lots of reports from people who are shielding being instructed to continue until the end of July at least.

Maureenpearl profile image
Maureenpearl in reply to

was the text from Gov_UK or just a mobile number. If a mobile number it could be a scam.

in reply to Maureenpearl

Hi,

The message centre is: +447958879890 and it reads:

“...we have stopped your deliveries...if this is incorrect or you change your mind please log on to:

gov.uk/coronavirus-extremel... or ring 0800 0288 327 to re-register your need...”

I rang that number and it seems a genuine automated government helpline. Perhaps with the easing of the lockdown measures the National Shielding Service will start sending more of these messages out?“

🤔

The automated phone service seems genuine but?

However it’s sent by GOVUK and NOT GOV.UK?

The missing full stop could be significant and the mobile number could be from an unauthorised source?!

Regards

Maureenpearl in reply to

Hi Sue, I just looked up the mobile number and it has been used since 2016. You can google it.

I did went on the government website to stop the food parcels by clicking to say I had help getting food. And I got a reply by email and text. The text was from GOVUK. It said you no longer need a food box from the National Shielding Service so we have stopped your deliveries. It goes on to say if it wasn’t correct or I change my mind to go back and re-register your need.

The text also said it will not affect my eligibility for a supermarket priority delivery slot.

I also had someone phone to check if I was okay and can I manage to get grocery and do I have any other needs.

Please go and re register, Just to be sure but there is someone sending text with the same wording as the government.

Take care

Remain safe.

God bless

Maureen

in reply to Maureenpearl

Hi,

Thanks very much for your help and your careful investigations.

Just wondering if it’s coming from a supermarket source or other marketing source?

I think Gov.uk and supermarkets share a lot of our data.

Regards

Maureenpearl in reply to

I am not sure where it's coming from there are scammers sending text msg, i'm not sure where they get our phone numbers. It could be just random or they work for the hospital or even government.

Just be careful.

Hi,

Could I ask how long it took from you registering that you were able to get food, to them sending the text to say the food parcel had been cancelled?

I’ve been trying to cancel mine for a few weeks now, but the parcels keep getting delivered. I keep listening out for the driver so I can refuse the box but I seem to keep missing them!

Thanks

I did it twice and the boxes kept on coming then I did it early in the morning this week and I got the reply to say it would stop. I got an email and a text message. This was from the government that was delivering the food boxes.

The next day the local council rang to check if I was okay and my husband told the person I was and I didn’t need any help and they end up sending a food parcel this Saturday.

Are you certain that this wasn't a scam. Sounds a bit odd? I'm not questioning you but I went back onto the gov.uk site last week and took myself off the good parcel list but I have received texts since then telling me that I am still classed as extremely vulnerable etc.

Keep us posted?

in reply to happytulip

Hi happytulip,

Good question.

Thought so myself or perhaps my registration was hacked?

But it reads,

“...we have stopped your deliveries...if this is incorrect or you change your mind please log on to:

gov.uk/coronavirus-extremel... or ring 0800 0288 327 to re-register your need...”

I rang that number and it seems a genuine automated government helpline. Perhaps with the easing of the lockdown measures the National Shielding Service will start sending more of these messages out?

Perhaps an over zealous official sent me the text.

The only time I went on the website was to actually register as advised many weeks ago and I also got letters saying that I was “extremely vulnerable”. Still am.

There probably is a reason for this ie stopping food boxes but??...I never cancelled it.🤔

Regards

happytulip profile image
happytulip in reply to

Well, that is very strange indeed!

You may also like...