Does this look like lupus rash to anyone?

Does this look like lupus rash to anyone?

Hi totally new to this site... My mother died 25 years ago due to severe lupus 😞 I don't know why I have been so silly to not realise I have a very big possibility I could as had most of the symptoms for years but other health problems have over shadowed or confused them but since major surgery at the beginning of this year I have deteriorated and become aware of my pains and aches etc but also have this red burning rash ( always been very sensitive to sunlight ) on my face 😳 Does it look like the butterfly rash to anyone else or am I being paranoid???

6 Replies

• Hi Emma38xx,

I'm not medically trained so I can't comment on whether this could be a lupus rash or not. Have you discussed your symptoms with your GP and asked to be tested for lupus?

If you would like more information about lupus and how it is diagnosed, we have a free pack which you can request or download from our website at

• Hi Paul, I've made an appointment for the 26th of this month to see my gp hopefully will get some blood tests done then.

Have been doing a bit of research online which is helpful, will request a pack now thankyou for that.

• Let us know how you get on. Good luck.

• Thankyou! And will do....

• Hi Emma,

If I was you I would write down all your symptoms that have been bothering you so that when you see the doctor, if your mind goes blank you've got it all wrote down so you won't forget anything crucial.

Without the tests it's hard to know whether it is lupus or not especially as it mimics other illnesses too, which is why it's best to make a note of how you've been feeling lately so that nothing gets missed out.

Good luck and I hope this helps you.

• Thanks Georgie that's great of you! Yeah I think I'd better write all my symptoms down as my mind goes blank most of the day let alone at the doctors . There's definitely something not right with me, need blood tests ASAP

Best wishes xxx

You may also like...