Walking away from the pain.: I have lymphoedema in both... - LSN

LSN
4,357 members2,072 posts

Walking away from the pain.

legolass
legolass
6 Replies

I have lymphoedema in both legs following endometrial cancer in 2017. At times the lymphoedema is in my back too. I usually experience constant pain which at times makes me quite upset. I like to think I am pretty fit and I do yoga several times a week to help with the pain and mobility. Last week my Husband and I walked round the Isle of Wight coastline for a lymphoedema charity, to raise funds and awareness of the condition. I was worried about my legs as I wasn't sure how they would be. We walked a total of 80 miles in 6 days! Guess what, the pain was much reduced! There was pain in my knees but the lymphoedema pain was much less severe. I am going to try having a brisk walk at least once a day, weather permitting, and see if the improvement continues. For now I am just enjoying experiencing less pain!

6 Replies
oldestnewest
AnneBury

Very well done on your fundraising and very pleased the walking has helped.

legolass
legolass
in reply to AnneBury

Thank you. X

TreeTrunkLeg

Yay! I walk every day with my dog (my best friend!) and I think it helps greatly. If I go on a long road trip, I get out at our stops and do some brisk walking around the gas station or rest area. :) I wish you success with your walking!

legolass

Thank you and well done you! X

1 like
veriterc

Have you tried hydotherapy as well? If walking helps, this might give added benefit because you can exercise more with limbs supported in warm water - double beneit!

legolass
legolass
in reply to veriterc

Thank you I will give it a try. X

You may also like...