Cupping therapy: Hi, i am new here and i was wondering... - LSN

LSN
4,544 members2,155 posts

Cupping therapy

Nicolalin
Nicolalin

Hi, i am new here and i was wondering if anyone tried cupping therapy using silicon cups on legs. I don’t know if something like that can help to drain lymph from legs?

Please help. I am new and dont know what to do to drain fluids from my legs. I am waiting for stocking i know about manual massage. Anything else? Maybe this cupping therepy?

Thank you in advance

8 Replies
oldestnewest

No, cupping should not be used on an oedematous limb.

Where are you Nicolalin? Has a lymphoedema clinic prescribed a garment for you? Have they taught you how to do self lymphatic drainage?

Nicolalin
Nicolalin
in reply to Lynora

Hi, I had my first ever appointment with nurse last week. I am waiting for stockings and she gave me basic info about massage. I live in UK.

Lynora
Lynora
in reply to Nicolalin

Both legs or just one? Have you had surgery which may have caused the lymphoedema?

You may benefit from seeing a trained lymph drainage therapist who could teach you how to apply self lymphatic drainage. There is a register in the following site: mlduk.org.uk/therapists

Nicolalin
Nicolalin
in reply to Lynora

Thank you. I had a car accident and injured upper thighs on both legs

Lynora
Lynora
in reply to Nicolalin

Find a lymphoedema therapist who can teach you how to effectively clear the lymphatics in your abdomen and upper body - which may help in reducing the swelling in the legs (along with wearing the compression).

Did you have fractured femurs in both legs?

Nicolalin
Nicolalin
in reply to Lynora

I didn’t break my legs. The steering wheel “squashed” my muscles and I need to drain the fluids because by the end of the day my legs are heavy and a little bit swollen.

Lynora
Lynora
in reply to Nicolalin

You need to see a lymph drainage therapist. The lymph is in a sealed system within your body - it cannot come out through your skin - a therapist will use MLD to ease the fluid through the congested muscles, over your hips and into the body for onward disposal!

Nicolalin
Nicolalin
in reply to Lynora

I have my first appointment on Friday. To be honest I had the car accident 20 years ago wearing compression garments on and off without any results. I am waiting for full leg stockings now.

Thank you for you help. I will post updates.

You may also like...