I am a student of Biomedical Engineering in Australia looking into the commercial market of compression garment applicators. I would very much appreciate if anyone who wears, works with, or knows someone who wears compression garments could answer some questions (as many as you'd like). Please reply or email answers to email@example.com.
- What pressure rating is the stocking(s)? What pressure ratings do you/patients experience the most problems with?
- What brand(s) of the stockings do you wear/work with? What is the most common?
- What is the your age/approximate age range of the patient(s) wearing compression garments?
- What symptoms(s) does the stocking alleviate? For what condition is this prescribed?
- Are you/the patient able to apply the stocking yourself/themselves? If no, who assists?
- Is an application aid used? Which one? (this includes devices, gloves, and creams) if so, which other applicators have you tried?
- If an applicator device was available which made application of your garment very quick and easy easy, how much would you/the patient pay for the device? If this is a nursing home, how much would the institution pay for this device? (approximately)
Thank you for taking the time to read this.