Living with Anxiety
3,584 members2,525 posts

Lips twitching

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever suffered from lips twitching when anxious or stressed?

I've never had this before but it's making me feel more anxious on edge.

I'm on iron tablets too as my ferratin was on the low side.

Jjb1983

27 Replies
oldestnewest

Hello jjb1983 :-)

Not sure if we have spoken before but Welcome :-)

Yes I have had my lips twitching and my eyes , it feels a lot worse than when you try and watch it through the mirror

We have nerves all over the body and this is all it is a little nerve and it will eventually stop , so try not to worry :-)

Always a new experience feels us full of fear but I hope I have helped to reassure you :-)

Take Care x

Thank you lulu-1 this twitching has happened over the last few days.

It's so scary because I've googled it and I shouldn't have.

Jjb1983

Hello :-)

Try not to Google it always gives you the worse scenario and when we have anxiety as you know it is the worse thing we can do

I get it and have done on and of for years and I know so many that do , I am sure it will settle down , if it doesn't you can always speak with your Doctor but remember Google does not have your medical records cannot examine you but your Doctor could and knows better :-)

Let us know how you get on but I am sure you will be fine :-) x

1 like

Thank you so much for your reply.

It's not really done it today so I'm happy.

Thank you

Jjb1983

There you go :-)

If it does do it don't worry but sounds like it has settled down :-) x

Hey there ~ first of all never trust Dr Google, ~ can come up with some weird and wonderful stuff!!

The answer is yes often my lips twitch and sort of a wobbly feeling as well .Especially when I'm nervous or anxious about something ~ so you are not alone.

Try not to worry too much ~ think this is another part of anxiety tbh.🙂

1 like

Thank you for your reply kittykat28

It freaked me out and was quite scared with the information on Google.

But it's not done it today so far.

Jjb1983

It's most likely when Anxiety/ Panic takes over ~ try not to worry if it happens again ~ honestly it happens to me as well ~ don't let Dr Google scare you

Wishing you well today 🙂

1 like

I know it's just so hard to try and not Google it.

I'm waiting on some cbt to see if it will help buy I've had CBT like 4/5times Now.

I've baught a book called rewire your brain too see if that helps lol.

Thank you

Jjb1983

Hi there,

I have experienced this quite a few times when I’ve been feeling very anxious , then the physical symptoms make you more anxious and you panic and more feelings start to happen.

I’ve also done CBT about 4 or 5 times, and I’ve bought several self help books - one also called rewrie your anxious brain. They all do certainly help.

Have you tried mindfulness meditation? I use an app called headspace. I’ve used many forms or therapy over the last 15 years for my anxiety disorder and mindfulness meditation has helped me the most. It’s not for everyone but if you haven’t already it’s worth a try, :)

I tell everyone this because I’ve tried so many other things and for me this helped massive amounts.

I wish you lots of luck in finding something which helps you xx

2 likes

Hi Ellie ~ how's things with you today? You've started me off about Friends now ~ gonna have to dig the DVD s out lol!!

Hope to see you on chit chat Thursday tomorrow 🙂xx

1 like

Hi KittyKat

I am ok thank you. It’s Been a bit of a anxious day but feeling more relaxed now am home and settled. We had an apt with mum and they can be so long and emotionally draining. But all ok now. :)

How are you? Yes do dig out the Friends DVDs :) it is Defo a pick me up programme. Some of the younger ones at work hate it and say it’s boring and not funny! I just don’t understand that at all ha ha.

Yes I will be joining in tomorrow for chit chat Thursday. I have quite a free day tomorrow which is nice after a few busy ones. :) xx

Hope all went well for your Mam !!Pleased you are feeling more relaxed now. Oh Friends is timeless ~ but guess there are so many new comedy shows out there.

Catch up with you tomorrow ~ enjoy a peaceful evening 🙂xx

1 like

Yes it was ok thank you :)

Yes that’s true there are lots of programmes to choose from..

Have a lovely evening and speak tomorrow xx

You too ~ pleased things ok for you Mam ~ chill out now and relax 🙂xx

1 like

Thank you Ellie34 I think we both have a similar story to help we have both had I'm in the same boat.

I do meditation at the min and looking to start midfullness meditation.

I'm also messing around with a few vitamins here and there like b12, dim, and doctor has me on iron tablets as my ferratin is low.

Thyroid is up and down too which is crap.

I will give it a go thank you.

Jjb1983

Yes it does sound as if we have a similar story.

The app headspace is a great way to learn about mindfulness meditation, also the fact that you are already meditating it will be easier to take too, I hope it helps you when you try it:)

Yes I have also tried the vitamins, some didn’t agree with me so I stopped, but anything is worth a try and I hope you have more luck.

Sounds like you are dealing with a lot.

It’s very difficult and after so many years I always thought I would Anxiety free by now. It takes a lot of energy and time to manage so I think anyone that deals with these things on a daily basis are pretty amazing :) xx

Hi there ~ I've just got a book called self help for your nerves ~ by Claire Weekes it's quite an old book ~ but has some brilliant advice to try and steady yourself when you go into panic.

Hope to see more of you on here ~ good to chat to you 🙂

2 likes

I had a CD from Claire weekes years ago and it was great.

I am looking to read a few books and will purchase this thank you.

I enjoy reading about this horrible anxiety and panic, mainly to help understand what is happening.

Thank you kittykat28

Jjb1983

You are welcome !! Tomorrow lulu is doing chit chat Thursday ~ it would be lovely for you to join in on there .

Have a peaceful evening 🙂

2 likes

Where will I find this chit chat?

And il see what i can do.

Thank you.

Jjb1983

Hi there it's just on Living with Anxiety ~ would be lovely to see you on there, ~ really nice friendly people ~ you would be more than welcome ~ even just say hi ~ and have a look what people are chatting about .You will be made really welcome 🙂

2 likes

Thank you for the invite that's so kind of you.

I will have a look.

Hope you have a nice evening too.

Jjb1983

Oh the more the merrier ~ it's lulu our Admin who's starting it off ~ she's lovely!! You'll get loads of support too ~ great bunch of people ~ hope to see you tomorrow 🙂

2 likes

I've not had this happen to me. I can understand how it's making anxious and on edge. It could be you've trapped a nerve. Hopefully it'll disappear by itself. Why not try massaging round the area?

1 like

Hello and nice to meet you 😊

Yes I do suffer from this for me it’s a sign of an anxiety attack coming up usually x

1 like

Hello

Thank you for the reply.

It seem to of passed.

So I'm hoping it doesn't do it again.

It's scary

Jjb1983

You may also like...