Living with Anxiety
3,720 members2,595 posts

Praying

I've been praying everyday for my anxiety to end. I feel like it Never will. It's crippling me.

I know some are going to write that it's up to me. Is it Really? I haven't been able to visit my sick mom. I can't handle anymore. May sound selfish? But don't want to have a breakdown in front of my family.

My next appointment with my psychiatrist isn't till the first week if April. This is a new doctor. The other one didn't work for me. To think I might have to live with anxiety the rest of my life? I can't imagine that? my kids don't have to keep seeing me like this. I know it bothers them. This is ALL my grandson knows. He's 3, I don't think he knows. He will later. Sleeping is the only thing that makes me feel better.

I need a break

30 Replies
oldestnewest

You are not being selfish and no I don't believe it's always up to us. There's so many things I can't do. I'm alive still and that's an accomplishment to me. It's a brutal way to live for sure

4 likes

Hello

When ever you post I can feel your anxiety and your desperation and I know I have said it before but I think you are focusing in on wanting to get well sooner than maybe possible , I cannot stress enough how this takes time and we have to be patient with ourselves or it will create more anxiety and hold us back

Instead of looking at the whole picture of how you would like your life to be at this moment , just take one small thing a day and try and achieve that no matter how small that may :-)

Could you maybe phone your Doctor or pay them a visit explain just how much you are struggling especially about your recent loss as well , it is worth speaking with them

Make a plan , set daily goals we can all do that , sometimes I have been so bad , just getting up and sitting there all day has been an achievement , getting up and getting dressed another day has been an achievement and so on till we are getting up getting dressed and doing a little housework and so on

I am not going to say it is up to you because I know when we are so low how hard this is but what I will say is it is up to us to take the little steps we need to take , we need support and I hope we can support you the best we can as we do understand how you feel but it is then down to us to take those little steps because no one else can do that for us :-)

Maybe make a plan for the week , write down something that you would not normally do during the day and see how many you can tick of that you managed to do by the end of the week , would be lovely to see a post where you are telling us what they were as we know how much effort that would have took :-)

Take Care x

2 likes

Thanks for taking the time to write, your right I am desperate. I hate the way I feel like I'm sufficating. I did call my doctor, they had no room on their calendar to see me.

I have in the past written positive things that I've done. Then something triggers me back into my anxiety. No one calls cause they think I'm going to talk about my anxiety, that's not true. I know better cause I don't want to hear the lectures.

That's why I write on this site, I won't get judged. My real problem is that I keep thinking something bads going to happen? Overthinking things, believe me I try not too, i try too live for the day.

And tell myself everything's fine, what's to say things can't be fine? Thanks for caring

I do totally understand where you are coming from and how you feel and I know how it feels to feel so desperate and this will never get better but trust me it does and will :-)

Try not to think about all the things you feel you have not got like people coming round etc but what you have got and you have a home , you are warm etc , maybe things we take for granted but compared to some that is a lot :-)

When these thoughts come in your head about something might happen , ask what prove do you have to back these thoughts up with , you no doubt will find you have no prove at all and that is when you have to start accepting , right then here we go again it is anxiety and then tell yourself you won't listen to it , takes some practise reversing the way we think but in time you will , but that is what you need time , if you were getting over a major op or anything else and it needed time for you to get better you would give yourself the time you needed , this is no different and you should allow yourself the same time till you are a lot better :-) x

Thanks LuLu, I feel like the people on this site are the only ones that care?

I really want to get better, something I need to do to help me get better is to eat more. It leaves me with no energy. When I do go out I feel like fainting? So I go home in case, my appetite is gone when my anxiety kicks in, this scares me.

Right now I forced myself to eat something. I'm alone as usual, my kids need to lead their lives, don't want them to feel responsible for me

This is something I have to Fix, thanks for caring 😉

Hello :-)

We care because we understand the thing is with anxiety it cannot be seen , if someone has a broken leg every one see's they have so they tend to understand what they must be going through with anxiety only when you have either felt to this extreme can you know how painful it is to live with , so try not to feel bitter towards them because I think had I not suffered I would not have much compassion l may no doubt have the attitude that you can get over it if you want but I do know because I have been there

Try not to worry about the eating the more you worry the anxiety kicks in and then you feel less like you want to eat

Can you get some of these food supplements that you can make into drinks and get those down you ?

Also because you are not eating well and not getting out much have you had your iron and vitamin D tested ?

If you are lacking vitamin D this can make you anxious , tired etc and so many with anxiety have to push their doctors to do these blood tests but when they do they also find their levels are very low

I had to push my Doctor to let me have my vitamin D levels tested and when I eventually got them to agree I did not even have to phone for the results they were straight on to me saying we have a prescription you need to start taking them straight away , my reading had come back really low so if you have not had them done I would push them to take them :-)

I know you don't feel like it but you are doing well , ok you may have a way to go but you are trying your best and that is all we can ever ask of ourselves to try our best no matter what are best is so give yourself a break and be kind to yourself , you deserve it :-) x

1 like

I just recently had my blood tested. I'm sure Vitamin D was not one of them. I had diabetes, she said I was back to normal. But my cholesterol was a little high. I'm taking meds for that.

I do have vitamins D, would that be ok to take? Your right about how people can't see my pain. Like I have a daughter who has a learning disability, she gets looks because it's not a physical disability. They don't think anythings wrong with her?

I think this is why? she was denied social security disability. She didn't look the part? I guess the future is is unknown to me? I know no one can see that.

Hello

Yes you can buy your own vitamin D and take it , if you just want to ask your Doctor about taking it to make sure you can but lots buy it and take it without :-)

Sorry about your Daughter and her not getting Disability , you could appeal ?

None of us can see the future and maybe at times it might be a good thing that we can't but we can see today and try and make it the best we can , it might not be the one we want but it can be the best with what we are dealing with :-)

Hope you get a good nights sleep :-) x

Thanks for your time, I will get some sleep. Same to you

2 likes

Oh Lulu you always have excellent advice, where would we be without you on this site?

Thank you from everyone on here 💐

Morning Bird-67 :-)

Thank You :-)

Hope you are feeling a little better today :-) x

1 like

Thanks Lulu, I am still suffering badly with acid and been very down as took Smokey back Friday.

How is your acid today and what medication are you on for it?

Hi Bird, I think you have me confused with LuLu! I'm PJRR. You've sent a couple of messages saying LuLu. Lol thanks

Hello Bird :-)

Same here I am suffering with the acid indigestion to

I am never without the feeling that I have something in my throat and when I swallow making my anxiety soar to be honest , I have an appointment at the Doctors Friday

I used to take Lanzoparol but I find they are making my migraines worse so at the moment I am just using Manuka honey

How does yours affect you ? x

Hi Bird, can I ask about your acid indigestion, ive suffered with that for years. It's gone now because I've lost 40 pounds. Not saying that you're over weight, cause people without weight issues can have it also.

If you read the latest reply to Lulu it is about my acid reflux.

Also funny you mentioned the weight as I am overweight and am now attending Slimming World so fingers crossed it will get better when I lose a bit more.

And well done on losing 40 pounds, that’s how much I would like to lose.

I suffered for years with it. The weight loss did it for me. The thing is, because of my anxiety that's how I lost my weight. I can barely eat when I'm having it. Good luck with that, I'll be your Biggest cheerleader!!!

1 like

Thank you. I lost a lot of weight when I had my breakdown but lately have been comfort eating.

That's too bad, take care

Oh what are we like lol.

Seems like the acid is related to the anxiety and also the feeling that you have something in your throat can be anxiety related.

I get a burning in my chest and feeling of food stuck in my throat sometimes.

When it’s really bad it gives me diarrhoea too.

I am on 40 mg of omeprazole and peptic liquid after meals but not helping so think I might go back to the doctor.

Good luck Friday and please let me know how you get on xx

I agree Bird , this anxiety really does play havoc with your digestion , I think I freak out because I lost my Dad 3 years ago he had cancer and did not know of the esophagus I think they call it , well you can imagine now when I suffer what my head is saying which is not helping at all and I was tested just over 2 years ago everything was fine but that thought has only lasted 2 years and now I am of again !

Yes I would go to the Doctors , I think sometimes these medications work but we can get use to them and they stop working and we need a change

Let me know if you go and what they say :-) x

1 like

Hi LuLu, I'd like to weight in, acid reflux can damage your esophagus from the burning. I had a camera put down my stomach to see if there was any damage? They did do a biopsy. Thankfully their was nothing. This needs to be watched.

Hello :-)

I am glad everything was ok when you had it done and I have had it done before and know all about it because I lost my Dad 3 years ago to cancer of the esophagus :-( x

Sorry for your lost, take care of yourself

2 likes

Oh Lulu no wonder you worry with losing your dad to oesophagus cancer.

I too had all the tests 3 years ago but am now worrying a little bit in case it is something more sinister.

It doesn’t help either as our dear friend has it and he is too weak to have any treatment for it ( long story)

Yes I will let you know when I go to doctors xx

Morning Bird :-)

I totally understand was the same for my Dad and watching them been so ill it for me has planted a seed which I am finding hard to work past if you know what I mean

Even though you had it done as well the procedure it shows that it seems to give us peace of mind for a short while until the symptoms come back again and then we are back to square one and I am sure all the worrying cannot help one bit with this

One thing my Doctor said to me and maybe you could try this as well is that I was not my Dad and you are not your friend so what makes me think I have to have the same as my Dad ( you your friend ) she did have a point and I do try and keep remembering that maybe it might help a little with you ?

Will let you know what she says and via versa with you , if you need a chat you know where I am :-) x

1 like

Totally agree, and I am here for you too xx

1 like

Thank You :-) x

No I was answering the post above my reply from Lulu lol.

It can get a bit confusing.

Ok, your right.

You may also like...