How To Switch To LCHF Diet

This is a post for Indian diabetics:

Most common misconception floating around regarding LCHF Diet is:

LCHF Diet is for non vegetarians. This is entirely UNTRUE.

To switch to LCHF diet, you would need to first get hold of basics before you start modifying your meals. They are:

What is Low carb High Fat -- LCHF -- Diet:

forums.dlife.in/threads/wha...

How to count Carbs Proteins and Fat:

Source Of Good Fats For Being On Low Carb High Fat Diet:

Diabetes Self Management - How To?:

Another misconception, as a result of decades of lies spread by mainstream practitioners, is that FAT is bad. This statement is also UNTRUE, if we leave out just Trans-fat and also minimize the PUFA loaded industrial vegetable oils. For getting into comfort-zone with respect to Saturated FAT, which has been wrongly blamed for CVD/CHD/Hypertension, Cholesterol etc

Having come this far, you should now be mentally ready to make the switch. Plan for completely switching over to LCHF diet within 3 weeks, giving one week each for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Week 1: Breakfast. Many real meals are posted here --

By real, I mean they are what diabetics posting it are consuming. You can check them and then start modifying your meals by putting to practice what you have learned till this stage. As you try and fix your breakfast menu for a week, always test PPBS in order to know how much you are spiking.

Week 2: LUNCH. Many real meals are posted here --

By real, I mean they are what diabetics posting it are consuming. You can check them and then start modifying your meals by putting to practice what you have learned till this stage. As you try and fix your LUNCH menu for a week, always test PPBS in order to know how much you are spiking.

Week 3: DINNER. Many real meals are posted here --

By real, I mean they are what diabetics posting it are consuming. You can check them and then start modifying your meals by putting to practice what you have learned till this stage. As you try and fix your DINNER menu for a week, always test PPBS in order to know how much you are spiking.

As you switch, do post you meals and PPBS numbers in the respective sections above. This will add to variety and also help all of us, as we are learning from each other.

If you are taking hypoglycemic drugs, make sure you adjust the drug dose downwards to avoid dangerous HYPOS. Few instances of HYPER are OK but HYPOS can be fatal.

SOURCE: dlife.in

Edited by admin to remove repeat links

Last edited by

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Could anyone has list of suggested meal plan for vegetarian? Since I don't much options high fat food.

• Follow the link in the above post. You will have all the answers.

• Dear Anup Sir

Thanks for your immediate reply towards request about LCHF Diet and details.May God bless you for your social service.I will go through the detials sent by you. Many Many thanks

• Looking for help in Real meal plan for Low Carbon HF diet for a vegetarian diabetic 72 years 1.68 M, 82 kg.on Jalra M 50/500 twice a day HiAC 6.7

Please help desperate.

• Pl refer the link in the first post.

You may also like...