ITP Support Association
2,985 members1,506 posts

Good hematologist in London

Hi ,

My son is 3 years old and he had been diagnosed with ITP one month ago , started with small dots on his body and when we did the CBC test his platelets were 10 , he admired in the hospital for one week and they gave him steroids and IVIG , after 4 days his platelets jumped high to 179 , after 10 days started to go down again every three days now it's 61 . His Dr doesn't want to start any mediation with his as long as the the platelets are above 50 . Since I'm visiting London this summer I'm looking for a good Hematologist for kids to follow up w him . Pls if u know any good one or good hospital to take him to let me know . I'm really glad that I found this site , I found it very helpful.

Thank you in advance for you help .

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Only one hour from Marylebone train station is a very highly regarded Haemotologist: Dr Helen Eagleton. She also seems to have a particular interest in children's ITP (from hospital staff list) but as I'm adult that is worth checking. She is an excellent doctor: doesn't force medication on me, understands my personal preferences regarding lifestyle and risk and is great at explaining my options. Has good sense of humour and is highly approachable too which I find always helps.

Good luck with the search.

Sorry - should have said. She works in Buckinghamshire at stoke mandeville but also a local private I think.

Thank you I will check the appointments with her .

61 is decent,I would recommend a compulsary diet of fresh seasonal fruits morning and evening,with fresh fruit juices and a fresh green smoothie (kale is most important) every day.Nothing canned,all fresh,should go up hopefully.

Thank you very much I will try to add more of fresh fruits and vegetables especially kale to his diet.

I have seen Dr J-P Westwood at UCLH in central London. Very impressed.

I went to see Moez Dungarwalla and he was fantastic. Put everything into good perspective and is always on hand to help. After blood tests I can call him just to say hello and he checks to see how they are and tells me if I need to come in. Very nice man to deal with and very re-assuring. I personally don't take any medication at all! I limit certain things I eat but generally have found papaya tea, green juice in the morning and lots of spinach helps me a lot!

You may also like...