SEPSIS : I had sepsis shock a year ago I sometimes... - ICUsteps

ICUsteps
4,007 members1,118 posts

SEPSIS

Lilly-of-the-Valley
Lilly-of-the-Valley

I had sepsis shock a year ago I sometimes have needles and pins in my feet and weakness and funny sensations in my legs what is this?

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Post sepsis syndrome might be the culprit, I suffered limited neuropathy & myopathy - weakness & pins & needles wore off over time 18months 2yrs in my case. Some people have these issues for much much longer.

Weakness & fatigue go hand in hand with critical illness.

sepsistrust.org/get-support...

Thankyou for your reasurance can doctors prescibe anything to help?

I don’t know whether they can prescribe anything, I was rather cheesed off with the amount of medication I was suddenly on - so I was pleased not to be given anything else ( side effects were often worse than the condition itself).

I found regular exercise & being normally active helped everything. For me it took time.

They claim it takes 10-14 days to recover from everyday you are in ICU.

Stayloose
Stayloose
in reply to Sepsur

I guess if you have a health condition ticking along in the background that also adds to the whole length of recovery.

I have neuropathy in my hands and feet, a condition I had for a number of years before my critical illness and which worsened afterwards. I've been on Pregabalin tablets for this, which helps to a limited extent. May be worth a discussion with your GP.

Mine is improving after sepsis. Movement and walking helps all the time. B vitamins and magnesium have helped me but talk to your doctor. I’m still not fully mobile but walking and without stick now. It’s common after ICU. Good luck

You may also like...