One step forward two steps back

I'm on day 15 and doing ok . . . But still really bloated and sore πŸ˜• I try to walk 10 - 15 minutes three or 4 times a day but woke up really sore and fed up today πŸ˜• Not sure if I walked too far yesterday and if I should carry on walking or rest πŸ˜• Any thoughts?

Sorry to moan, I'm ok just unsure about how much is too much πŸ˜• Advice from hospital virtually non existent πŸ˜•

Thank you 😊

12 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hospitals are always a bit vague when it comes to after care I think they let you get on with it. Do what you can, they usually say. But walk a bit and rest a bit, try not to overdo it, it's still early days. I can only go by my husbands big op 15 weeks ago but he's doing ok now. He gets very frustrated even now. But listen to your body it will tell you. Big hugs and well done for always being so positive. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜€

• Hi Anna

It's still early days , you need to go with your body, some days you will need more rest than others . I would take it easy , keep mobile , and give your self some slack . remember it wasent that many years ago when ladies used to have two weeks in hospital for a hysterectomy .

I think you are doing fantasticly well , but remember it's not a minor op , play it by ear, listen to your body , and enjoy some rest time

• Thank you Mollydex

I've had a fairly quiet day with just two short walks and I am feeling better 😊

Have a good weekend 😊

• Like the others have said Anna, listen to your body and if you feel tired, weak, drained then rest. It's still early after a major op. Look after yourself and take it easy xx

• Thank you everyone 😊 I'm needing a quieter day today but will have a short walk before dinner 😊

I'm going to a 50th birthday party tomorrow, really good friends who have offered the spare bed if I need to lie down!! Lol 😊 Trying to save my strength for it πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰β€οΈ

Have a good weekend

• Two weeks after my husbands op we had a wedding a couple we had got together so it was important to them that we attended, they booked us a room at the hotel, my husband insisting that he wouldn't need it but he did and was very glad of it. He didn't feel a killjoy when he went to the room to rest. That's really nice of them it's there if you need it. Have fun πŸ‘πŸ‘

• I'm also wearing my pyjamas!!! Lol 😊 It's an 80's themed event and I have a purple satin trouser suit but the trousers (which fitted) are really tight and uncomfortable, in desperation I tried it on with black pj bottoms !! Think I'll get away with it, if not it will make everyone laugh!!! Lol πŸ˜‚

• Sounds like fun, well done, you be crazy you can put it down to the 'operation' no one will notice πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ have fun, have a laugh xx

• Thank you 😊

How is your hubby doing now? Hope he is well on the mend 😊

• He's doing ok thank you, another operation in November so he's preparing for that. We've started walking together which is something he doesn't usually do., he's not keen on exercise. Thank you for asking. Have fun tomorrow πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Enjoy your walls together 😊 Have a good weekend 😊

• Had a fab time last night 😊 But stayed too late . . . Very tired today but can sleep all day if need be 😊❀️😊

Have a good Sunday 😊

You may also like...