Prescription charges to rise in England

Our wonderfully inept and unfair government has announced another increase in prescription charges in England.

From April 1, 2013, charges will rise 20 pence from £7.65 to £7.85 for each individual prescription.

Read the full story at the BBC: bbc.co.uk/news/health-21629363

However, the cost of a prescription prepayment certificate (PPC) will remain at £29.10 for a three-month certificate. The cost of the annual certificate will remain at £104. PPCs offer savings for those needing four or more items in three months or 14 or more items in one year.

The Hughes Syndrome Foundation is a member of the Prescription Charges Coalition which is campaigning to end unfair prescription charges for people with long term medical conditions. Visit prescriptionchargescoalition.org.uk for more information.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I didn't realise just how lucky I was to have epilepsy and an underactive thyroid (I don't think) so I get the exemption!!!!

• I have the pre payment certificate, it saves me a fortune as I also have fibromyalgia and myofascical pain.

• Here in the US unless your on a good plan, it stinks. My husband was laid off of work two weeks ago and the medicine im supposed to take (xarelto) is almost as much as my pay. I havent even started it because i cant afford it.

You may also like...