Doctors Have Demanded That The Work Capability Assessment (WCA) be Scrapped!!

British Doctors from every medical discipline have today voted at their medical conference to demand that the Work Capability Assessment (WCA), as carried out by AtoS ‘Healthcare’ on behalf of the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) end with immediate effect.

The vote took place this morning at their Annual Representative Meeting (ARM). This is what they voted for:

That this Meeting in respect of Work Capability Assessments (WCA) as performed by Atos Healthcare, believes that:-

i) the inadequate computer-based assessments that are used have little regard to the nature or complexity of the needs of long term sick and disabled persons;

ii) calls on the BMA to demand that the WCA should end with immediate effect and be replaced with a rigorous and safe system that does not cause avoidable harm to some of the weakest and most vulnerable in society.

Given what we have all heard on this Forum about the behaviour of ATOS and their despicable and discriminatory behaviour towards people with Hughes and other Chronic Pain conditions, this cannot come a moment too soon. Unfortunately what is only too clear is that ATOS do not only contract british doctors and are now increasingly using Europeans to do their dirty work for them.

For more info go to this website:

blacktrianglecampaign.org/2...

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thanks for posting this Lynn - why is everything in life have to be such a struggle especially with health issues.... kathy x

• That is a very good artical. There needs to be a stand with this Government as too many lives have been, and will be lost, due the way the DWP are treating people. I nearkly lost my son and brother, who both suffer from severe depression.

• Let us keep our fingers crossed and hope that the BMA can succeed. But, going on their track record, the government is likely to ignore them just as they ignored them over the reform of the NHS and also Doctors pensions.

You may also like...