These guidelines from Sticky Blood – Hughes Syndrome (SB-HS) Support are set up for people who have Sticky Blood - Hughes Syndrome /Antiphospholipid Syndrome or Sero-Negative Hughes/Antiphospholipid Syndrome (SN-APS).
This HealthUnlocked.com/Sticky Blood - Hughes Syndrome site is a simple way to communicate with each other in order that we can all better support each other and help spread awareness of this condition.
This site is moderated by the SB-HS Support Forum Admin Team, who are all volunteers. SB-HS reserves the right to update and/or amend these Guidelines at any time without notice.
Members of this SB-HS Support HealthUnlocked site must read and follow these Guidelines, which cover the whole of this site.
Please take a moment to read them and become familiar with their content:
Content on this site, unless by member clearly marked as a representative of SB-HS, is a member’s personal experience or opinion only and does not represent the views of SB-HS Support Forum.
1. The Admin team reserves the right to delete any post they judge inappropriate without notifying the author. The member may be informed of the reason the post was deleted and invited to rewrite their post.
2. The Admin team reserves the right to restrict any member. An explanation may be provided via the Personal Message (PM) system.
3. The Admin team reserves the right to request that HealthUnlocked remove a member from the register. An explanation may not be provided.
4. SB-HS reserves the right to refuse membership to the HeathUnlocked.com/SB-HS site.
5. Please report any abusive or inappropriate posts.
6. All members should conduct themselves at all times with respect and honesty.
7. People posting and/or answering questions on the site should not be assumed to be health professionals.
8. Posts, answers and comments on the site should be designed to support, not replace, medical advice.
9. We want all members to be comfortable posting here. In order to ensure that any post does not cause alarm, harassment or distress to any person (whether intended by the poster or not), it may be removed. Religion and Politics should not be discussed here.
10. Members posting on SB-HS must only post information, which is true and correct to their knowledge. If relevant, please provide references to health or medical information.
11. Do not breach copyright rules by placing documents onto the SB-HS site unless you have permission from the author of the document. You can, however, post excerpts with links to the full text of the document.
12. If you post a link, please at least explain briefly what people can expect to find if they follow the link. Links without such an introduction/explanation may be deleted.
13. If possible, show a clear distinction between personal experience or opinion and evidence-based information.
14. SB-HS cannot be held responsible for the content of external websites.
15. Do not post your personal contact information on the main board and if you decide to share personal information in private messages please consider carefully your personal safety at all times. SB-HS cannot be held responsible for the content of private messages or the action taken as a result of any such message. The messaging system (PM’s) cannot be accessed by Admin only by HealthUnlocked.
16. Any post considered to be advertising will be edited and/or deleted at the discretion of the Admin team.
17. Any post that appears to be asking for money, except for fundraising for an approved Charity, will be edited and/or deleted at the discretion of the Admin team.
18. Do not name and shame identifiable individuals.
19. Do not solicit members to other websites or forums for your own purposes either via posts or the messages system.
20. Do not post details of online pharmacies or any information of any sort offering medication without prescriptions.
21. Do not offer to give away your unwanted medication or offer them for sale to anyone.
22. You may post the non-personal contact details of doctors, specialists or other health professionals to encourage members to find helpful medical support. All members should understand that such comments are personal and subjective and are not an endorsement by SB-HS unless indicated otherwise by a SB-HS representative. A list of APS Specialists can be found on this SB-HS Forum site.
23. You may not post negative or aggressive remarks about identifiable doctors, specialists or other health professionals.
24. All content can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all for non-commercial purposes.
Finally, and most importantly, our family is based on respect and support, so feel free to give and receive all that you can! It can make the world of difference!