These guidelines from Sticky Blood – Hughes Syndrome (SB-HS) Support are set up for people who have Sticky Blood - Hughes Syndrome /Antiphospholipid Syndrome or Sero-Negative Hughes/Antiphospholipid Syndrome (SN-APS).
This HealthUnlocked.com/Sticky Blood - Hughes Syndrome Support site is a simple way to communicate with each other in order that we can all better support each other and help spread awareness of this condition.
This site is moderated by the SB-HS Support Forum Admin Team, who are all volunteers. SB-HS Support reserves the right to update and/or amend these Guidelines at any time without notice.
Members/Users of this SB-HS Support HealthUnlocked site must read and follow these Guidelines, which cover the whole of this site.
Please take a moment to read them and become familiar with their content:
Content on this site, unless by member/user clearly marked as a representative of SB-HS Support, is a member’s/users personal experience or opinion only and does not represent the views of SB-HS Support.
1. The SB-HS Support Admin team reserves the right to delete any post they judge inappropriate without notifying the author. The member/user may be informed of the reason the post was deleted and be invited to rewrite their post.
2. The SB-HS Support Admin team reserves the right to restrict any member/user. An explanation may be provided via the Personal Message (PM) system.
3. The SB-HS Support Admin team reserves the right to request that HealthUnlocked remove a member/user from the register. An explanation may not be provided.
4. SB-HS Support reserves the right to refuse membership to the HeathUnlocked.com/SB-HS Support site.
5. Please report any abusive or inappropriate posts.
6. All members/users should conduct themselves at all times with respect and honesty.
7. People posting and/or answering questions on the site should not be assumed to be health professionals.
8. Posts, answers and comments on the site should be designed to support, not replace, medical advice.
9. We want all members/users to be comfortable posting here. In order to ensure that any post does not cause alarm, harassment or distress to any person (whether intended by the poster or not), it may be removed. Religion and Politics should not be discussed here.
10. Members/users posting on SB-HS Support must only post information, which is true and correct to their knowledge. If relevant, please provide references to health or medical information.
11. Do not breach copyright rules by placing documents onto the SB-HS Support site unless you have permission from the author of the document. You can, however, post excerpts with links to the full text of the document. If you are unsure, please contact SB-HS Support Admin via PM.
12. If you post a link, please at least explain briefly what people can expect to find if they follow the link. Links without such an introduction/explanation may be deleted. Links to other Forums are not allowed unless they are on the HealthUnlocked platform and will be deleted without notice or discussion.
13. If possible, show a clear distinction between personal experience or opinion and evidence-based information.
14. SB-HS Support cannot be held responsible for the content of external websites.
15. Do not post your personal contact information on the main board and if you decide to share personal information in private messages please consider carefully your personal safety at all times. SB-HS Support cannot be held responsible for the content of private messages or the action taken as a result of any such message. The messaging system (PM’s) cannot be accessed by SB-HS Support Admin only by HealthUnlocked.
16. Any post considered to be advertising will be edited and/or deleted at the discretion of the SB-HS Support Admin team.
17. Any post that appears to be asking for money, except for fundraising for an approved Charity, will be edited and/or deleted at the discretion of the SB-HS Support Admin team.
18. Do not name and shame identifiable individuals.
19. Do not solicit members/Users to other websites or forums for your own purposes either via posts or the messages (PM) system. This will result in immediate restriction and you could be removed from the HU platform.
20. Do not post details of online pharmacies or any information of any sort offering medication without prescriptions.
21. Do not offer to give away your unwanted medication or offer them for sale to anyone.
22. You may post the non-personal contact details of doctors, specialists or other health professionals to encourage members/Users to find helpful medical support. All members/users should understand that such comments are personal and subjective and are not an endorsement by SB-HS Support unless indicated otherwise by a SB-HS Support representative. A list of Hughes Syndrome Specialists can be found on this SB-HS Support site.
23. You may not post negative or aggressive remarks about identifiable doctors, specialists or other health professionals.
24. All content can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all for non-commercial purposes.
Finally, and most importantly, our family is based on respect and support, so feel free to give and receive all that you can! It can make the world of difference!
****Please do not add any comments to this post which will be removed****