Hughes Syndrome Patients' Day - Wednesday 16th May 2012

The Hughes Syndrome Foundation is holding the ever-popular National Patients' Day on the afternoon of Wednesday 16th May 2012 at Governor’s Hall in St Thomas’ Hospital, London.

We are offering a 50% discount to charity members with tickets costing £20 to cover yourself and a guest. The price of a ticket for non-members is £40.

The Patients’ Day will start at 2pm with registration taking place from 1.30pm onwards and will close between 4.30-5pm with afternoon tea.

This popular meeting gives you the opportunity to catch up on the latest news concerning Hughes syndrome and will include talks from experts on best treatment practices and new research, as well as more practical information such as the issues surrounding life insurance and INR self-testing. There is also a questions and answers session at the end of the afternoon where the audience is invited to put questions to the panel of experts.

Speakers already include Professor Graham Hughes, Professor Beverley Hunt, Professor Anisur Rahman, Dr Khamashta and a representative from the Assurance Medical & Underwriting Society (AMUS) - so this is a unique occasion, not to be missed if possible.

We do hope you are able to join us and the other guests – a special part of the experience is meeting other Hughes syndrome patients and realising that you are not alone!

If you would like to register your place, please visit: hughes-syndrome.org/events.htm

Places are limited so please do register early to avoid disappointment.

Hope to see you there,

Kate

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi all this is a fantatsic event and well worth attending.

paddy

• How can I get a National APS day in the US?????

• Hi Tiger

you can speak to the american APS charity see what they say, see link and i am sure that the information from the HSF forum Patients will come out after the event

apshealinghands.org/

paddy

• Is there any chance video or audio will be available of talks, speeches, panels, etc. online after the event?

• Watch this space am talking with kate over this issue.

• Very disappointed I can't be there as I will be on holiday. Hope to hear all about it though

• whenever I try to click on the link I get the message "the page cannot be found"....help please!

• Thanks for the heads up! All fixed – it was including a full stop after the link.

• marvellous, thanks KateH

• Hi kate. Is it too late to book places on this? After my recent late miscarriage I could do with meeting some aps people.. also if there's still room can children come and us there a charge? My little miss is 2 xxx

• Hi Kate - no it's not too late to book places although we have over a hundred people attending now so it is getting full.

However, it really isn't a child-friendly event and there isn't a creche available I'm afraid so I think Little Miss would have to be looked after by someone else for a few hours.

Hope you're recovering from the operation OK - it's such a dreadful feeling afterwards, I'll never forget it so hope you're battling through OK.

Kxx

• Thank you Kate.. sadly I wasn't offered an ops had to go though it naturally.. not sure what's worse. I'll talk to hubby and family and see if we can afford a trio to London and do the online application if we can. Thanks again. Kate xx

You may also like...